This crescent-wrapped brie bread is quick and extremely easy holiday appetizer. You can enjoy your warm baked Brie with by itself or your favorite crackers!
Made with just 3 ingredients: flaky crescent roll pastry, brie cheese and an egg, the pastry turns out to be soft and flaky and the cheese – warm and melty.
This delicious appetizer will make entertaining easy without the hassle of fussing over the oven all day and night.
And usually it has a tendency to disappear within 20 minutes of guests seeing it.
This indulgent and elegant dish never fails to turn out incredible!
You start by unrolling the crescent roll dough and separating one strip (to be used for leaf cutouts later).
Pull up the sides of the bottom portion of dough and press the dough together to seal it tight and completely wrap the Brie. Use the remaining stripe for the leave cutouts:
Make cutouts with a small sharp knife.
Arrange dough cutouts on top and brush with beaten egg.
And it’s ready for the oven!
- 1 can of Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dough sheet
- 1 round Brie cheese wheel (8 oz)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Unroll dough and pat dough firmly.
- Separate one 2” strip out to make decorative leaves. To be used in step 5.
- Place dough on the cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Place cheese in the center of dough. Press dough evenly around cheese.
- Using a sharp small knife, make 3 leave cutouts. Place the cutouts on top of the bread, pressing gently.
- Brush with beaten egg.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.