It’s that time of the year when dinners need to be full of carbs and protein in order to bring the energy levels up. I decided it was time to make some pasta chicken dish with a perfect combination of spinach and sun-dried tomatoes cooked in a deliciously creamy mozzarella cheese sauce!
If you love simple pasta dishes, you will love making this dish! It only takes 30 minutes to prepare the entire thing!
All you need to do is to saute some sun-dried tomatoes and garlic in olive oil, then cook the chicken in the same flavorful mixture. Next, you add the sauce ingredients as described to arrive at this wonderfulness:After that all that is left to do is mix in spinach and add pasta!
This hot pasta dish is so perfect for the cold weather and it will definitely fill you up if you’re feeling hungry these days! Did I mention that it is also very flavorful and satisfying?
Sun-dried tomatoes, garlic and mozzarella is a divine combination! So simple and so tasty!
Adapted from Julias Album
- 1 lb chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (I used unsulfured kind)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 8 oz penne pasta
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (at least, add more to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste (for chicken)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup reserved cooked pasta water (if runnier sauce is desired)
- In a large skillet, add olive oil and heat it over medium high heat. When the pan is hot, add sun-dried tomatoes with garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Remove tomatoes from the pan.
- Add sliced chicken breast, season it with salt and pepper to taste, and cook for about 4 minutes on each side until browned. Remove the chicken onto a plate.
- To make the sauce, add milk, heavy cream, salt and mozzarella cheese and allow them to blend for 2-3 minutes.
- Add spinach to the mixture and allow it to wilt. Add the chicken and sun-dried tomatoes back into the pan and mix everything well.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions and reserve some cooked pasta water. Drain pasta and add it to the skillet with the sauce and chicken. Mix everything well.