Have you ever wanted to have a chocolate chip cookie every day and not feel bad about it? Well, that’s exactly what I currently do. How and why? Because it’s not your ordinary cookie. It’s not made out of wheat (gluten free), nor does it have any butter (or dairy) in it. It has only the good stuff: olive oil, high quality chocolate chips (soy free), quinoa flour, organic brown sugar, baking soda and kosher salt! Just those simple ingredients which make this cookie easy on your tummy and good for your body. And they also nail the taste and texture of your favorite classic treat so that you don’t have to compromise!
I used olive oil here because it is high in a monounsaturated fat called oleic acid, which is extremely healthy. It helps reduce inflammation, reduce cholesterol and prevent cardiovascular disease. It’s highly nutritious and is loaded with antioxidants. Having this good oil in your cookie is much healthier than any other choice: butter, etc. and the taste is amazing!
This is the only cookie my seven year old son eats and he won’t touch “the other cookies” now. He just loves this one. I’ve been trying for a while to incorporate olive oil in his diet and failed until I started making cookies with this beneficial oil. I put a couple of these in his lunch box every morning and feel good about it!
This is the ultimate chocolate chip cookie that is SO GOOD for you. I also made it very simple – only 2 steps of mixing all the ingredients and 15 minutes in the oven! I can do it in my sleep. As a matter of fact I often do – this is the first thing I do when I wake up and realize we are out of them and even if I don’t realize it – my family is quick to point it out that we need a new batch!
To make it egg free: Simply increase olive oil proportion to 3 tablespoons (instead of 2) and use 2 tablespoons of water instead of an egg.
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (I used dark brown organic sugar)
- 3/4 cup quinoa flour + more when forming cookies
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Add olive oil, egg, baking soda, salt and brown sugar together into a small ceramic bowl. Using electric mixer mix everything together on high speed.
- Using a wooden spoon slowly add quinoa flour into the mixture. The mixture will be sticky at this point. Add chocolate chips and blend them in well.
- Using extra quinoa flour on our hands, start forming balls out of the dough until you have 15. I roll each ball in between my palms and I cover them with flour before forming each ball to reduce stickiness. Place the balls on the cooking sheet and using the rib of your palm, flatten them gently (you can also use the bottom of your fist).
- Bake for 15 minutes and remove from the cooking sheet within 5 minutes after done.