When it comes to easy recipes this Strawberry Banana Bread couldn’t get any simpler. Filled with strawberries and bananas this makes the perfect breakfast or dessert recipe. It’s moist, filling and refreshingly sweet! I will show you exactly how to make the best banana bread recipe.
Easy Banana Bread Recipe
This recipe is as easy as my original green banana bread recipe: Banana Flour Bread. It’s a classically simple dessert that we keep making over and over again. It whips up in minutes and serves a crowd! Well, maybe a family, or two. I love making this strawberry banana bread recipe for any holiday and brunches that we host.
Over the last few years I’ve been trying to perfect my banana bread recipe and I finally have found the Best Banana Bread with no weird ingredients, nothing that you cant find in your own pantry of fridge. It is literally just that simple that there is no reason why you wouldn’t want to make it right now.
How to make the Best Banana Bread
Imparting moisture are a few of my very favorite baking ingredients: oil, buttermilk, and brown sugar.
- First, use butter. I use butter in my super-moist Banana Bread recipe and it is exactly what this quick bread needs. Butter is a fat that gives unbeatable flavor in bread recipes, don’t skip on it!
- Greek yogurt. Don’t try to substitute the greek yogurt with anything! Greek yogurt is what makes my Strawberry Banana Bread so darn moist. You absolutely need yogurt for this quick bread recipe.
- Now the sugar! You’ll use granulated sugar to sweeten the bread. Brown sugar can be used as well. I used light brown sugar in this bread recipe in the past, which is made with more molasses than granulated sugar. You can also go with dark brown sugar that will have more molasses than light brown sugar.
When you have those three important ingredients ready, all you have to do is mix everything together, adding flour last. You’ll add the batter to the loaf pan.
Before putting into the oven, I have to issue a warning! Your kitchen is going to smell like a real bakery. You can thank me later. There is just nothing like the warm, sweet scent of banana bread baking in the oven. Especially on a chilly morning wearing your favorite pajamas and sipping on a hot cup of coffee.
There are two things that quick bread shouldn’t be: bland and dry. Thankfully this bread is neither. And because of that exercising self control around will become a challenge. I love how flavorful and moist this banana bread becomes on day 2. That would be only if you have enough willpower to not finish it the same day, of course. Those type of things happen. All the time.
can I make muffins with this banana bread recipe
You could use this recipe to make muffins, too. I know you will love strawberry banana muffins as much as I do. Simply use a muffin pan and reduce baking time to 20 minutes; and there you have perfect strawberry banana muffins!
Delicious quick bread recipes to enjoy
Banana Strawberry Bread
- 3 bananas, ripe, smashed
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, mix mashed bananas, Greek yogurt and melted butter, using wooden fork or spoon. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix just enough to blend the ingredients; do not over-mix, the lumps will work themselves out.
- Add sliced strawberries to the batter and mix them in to distribute evenly through the batter.
- Prepare 8 ⅕ x 4 ⅕ inch loaf pan and line it with parchment paper. Pour the batter into the pan and bake for about 25-30 minutes, until a tester inserted in a bread comes out clean. Cool on rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only. This information comes from online calculators. Although whatsinthepan.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
These look absolutely delicious!
I had so many ripe bananas, I had to make it! So delicious!!!!