Chicken and Sweet Potatoes Skillet has all your favorite fall flavors rolled up into one! Caramel sweet potatoes, candied pecans, and cranberries come together to create this warm and wonderful autumn-inspired chicken recipe.
This fall chicken recipe is full of Autumnal flavor! It is also family-friendly, and definitely a crowd-pleaser! All you need to make this wonderful dish is just a few ingredients and forty minutes of your time.
What you’ll need
Chicken thighs – I used skinless boneless chicken thighs. If using bone in thighs – they are wonderful too.
Seasonings, salt, and pepper – you will dredge the chicken in salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
Olive oil – I use olive oil for flavor.
Sweet potatoes – because they are the Autumnal flavor!
Dried Cranberries – I recommend using dried cranberries:).
Pecans – for a super Fall flavor!
Honey – for extra flavor.
Fresh thyme – for garnish
This is the most flavorful combination of colors and textures. It’s easy to make and can be served as a whole meal! Add-on options include spinach, mushrooms, walnuts, and more.
More delicious Fall recipes:
Chicken and Sweet Potatoes Skillet
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare a large bowl, add olive oil, honey, and salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Add chicken, potatoes, pecans and cranberries. Use your hands to coat the chicken pieces and everything else.
- Arrange the seasoned thighs in a skillet. Spread the rest of the ingredients around them.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are fork tender.
- Serve with fresh thyme.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only. This information comes from online calculators. Although whatsinthepan.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.