Craving some pasta in creamy sauce? How about bacon and chicken? And some basil with garlic? This dish offers this all at once! I made this last night and it was the best chicken ever!!! The flavor was amazing and it was very filling. I was practically licking my bowl.
I have to warn you this is not for health conscious. It’s very rich and delicious. You can also choose to use other kinds of cheeses instead of Parmesan. Romano or mozzarella will do just as good. You can also use half-and-half instead of milk and heavy cream and it will turn out great!
I like my sauces a little runny, but if you prefer a thicker structure, you can always add more cheese or flour (start with half a tablespoon).
If you desire, you can also puree the red bell peppers with the stick blender (immersion blender) right inside the pan, after adding them into milk/heavy milk mixture.
For authentic “al dente” pasta, boil your Fettuccini uncovered, stirring occasionally for 12 minutes. For more tender pasta, boil an additional 1 minute.
Chicken Fettuccini in Creamy Roasted Bell Pepper and Bacon Sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts butterflied
- 10 oz Fettuccini
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/4 tsp sundried tomato flakes or paprika
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 5 strips bacon
- 1 jar (10 oz) roasted bell peppers
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp flour
- Chicken: Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat and season the chicken with salt, pepper and sundried tomato flakes (or paprika). Add the chicken to the pan and cook until lightly golden brown on both sides and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the garlic and ¼ teaspoon of sundried tomato flakes and saute until fragrant, about a minute. Stir in 1 tbsp flour. Add heavy cream and chicken stock. Add roasted red bell peppers and basil and simmer until warmed up and bubbling for about 3-5 minutes. Lower the heat and add cheese to the mixture. Whisk it in until all cheese is melted, about 2 more minutes.
- Pasta: Cook pasta in salty water according to package instructions. Drain.
- Putting it all together: Add pasta and chicken into the sauce and simmer for 4-5 minutes. Taste and season with more salt and pepper, if necessary.
You might also like