Chicken Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes is cooked in a deliciously creamy mozzarella cheese wine sauce. Done in under 30 minutes, this creamy pasta recipe is as easy as it is tasty! Sun-dried tomatoes, garlic and mozzarella is a divine combination. So simple and so delicious!
If you love simple chicken pasta dishes, you will love making this recipe! Everything comes together seamlessly to create a deeply satisfying dish: less effort with a maximum flavor! This hot and creamy chicken penne with sun dried tomatoes and spinach dish is so perfect for a homemade pasta dinner and it will definitely fill you up if you’re feeling hungry these days. A glass of wine with it is always welcome.
Pasta and chicken are getting easy, creamy, and ultra-delicious! See for yourself. You’ve got pasta (penne, because that’s the best texture there is in pasta, isn’t it?) tossed in a luscious and creamy sun-dried tomato sauce. The chicken is sliced into bite size pieces and is tossed right there with the pasta, or you can lay it all pretty on top.
How to make perfect pasta
Did you notice that your noodles can get pretty sticky, if the pasta isn’t cooked correctly. How to prevent pasta from sticking then?
- Make sure your water is boiling before you add your pasta. Boil water in a large pot. To make sure pasta doesn’t stick together, use at least 4 quarts of water for every pound of noodles.
- Salt the water with at least a tablespoon—more is fine. The salty water adds flavor to the pasta.
- Cooking noodles in chicken broth is another great way to get flavorful pasta. Just bring salted chicken broth to a boil—enough to cover the pasta.
- Stir your noodles while they are simmering. I mean a lot.
- I do not recommend adding oil to your pasta if you plan on eating it with sauce.
- Do not rinse your cooked pasta with water in this recipe. We do need that starch for the sauce to adhere to our noodles.
What kind of pasta to choose
- Penne is a great choice for this dish. It’s my personal favorite because of how short penne noodles are and the amount of texture this particular type of pasta has when mixed with the sauce.
- Rigatoni would also work quite well here, even though they are larger in size than penne.
How to make Mozzarella Cheese Pasta Sauce
All you need to do is to sauté some sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil first. Then you will cook the chicken, seasoned with salt, pepper and paprika, in the same flavorful mixture.
After the Mozzarella Cheese Past Sauce is prepared, the chicken and sun-dried tomatoes are returned to the skillet before adding pasta.
- Simply add equal amounts of wine and heavy cream to onions and garlic sautéed in butter
- Next simmer for a couple of minutes
- Then add Italian seasoning, salt and Mozzarella Cheese!
- Use any dry white wine, such as Pinot Grigio or Chardonnay.
You might also like these delicious pasta recipes
Creamy Cajun Chicken & Sausage Pasta
Follow me on PINTEREST and FACEBOOK to get more recipe ideas!
Creamy Chicken Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 lb chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon paprika
Wine Pasta Sauce:
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, (chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic, (minced)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, (shredded)
- 1 cup spinach
- 8 oz penne
Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Chicken:
- In a large skillet, add olive oil and heat it over medium high heat. When the pan is hot, add sun-dried tomatoes and sauté for about 2 minutes to soften them. Remove tomatoes from the pan.
- Add sliced chicken breast, season it with salt and pepper and paprika. Cook on medium high for about 4 minutes on each side until browned. Remove the chicken onto a plate.
- Add butter, onion and garlic cloves to the hot pan. Cook on medium high until onions and garlic are translucent, about 2 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon flour to pan and whisk to combine. Add 1 cup heavy cream, 1 cup wine, 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning, ½ teaspoon salt.
- Bring mixture to a simmering point. Simmer for 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and add mozzarella cheese, stirring until blended. Taste the sauce and add more seasoning, if necessary.
- Add spinach to the mixture and allow it to wilt. Add the chicken and sun-dried tomatoes back into the pan and mix everything well. Taste again and add more seasoning, if necessary.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions in salty water. Drain pasta and add it to the skillet with the sauce and chicken. Mix pasta well into the sauce to make sure it’s well coated.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only. This information comes from online calculators. Although whatsinthepan.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
Absolutely love this recipe. I highly recommend any pasta lover makes it.
Thank you Motty!
This was such a hit with a family! Everyone agreed that it tasted like a restaurant style dish. Great recipe!
Olga at Whatsinthepan says
Thank you Natalie, I’m glad you enjoyed it.