Cucumber tomato salad with avocado is loaded with juicy tomatoes, crunchy cucumbers, and fresh avocado slices! This simple salad is my everyday salad recipe. And also a good side dish for pot lucks or summer picnics!
This cucumber and tomato salad is so light and refreshing. All you have to do is slice and toss everything in a super easy dressing. Summer party anyone? Guaranteed to be a hit at summer gatherings on a hot day!
I am partial to summer salads, especially those with cucumbers and tomatoes. So fresh and healthy! I’m always looking for ways to incorporate that freshness into a dish that I want to eat with my meal too.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF AVOCADO
Outside of having little to no carbs, avocado is high in healthy fats. Not to mention, it contains many nutrients and vitamins that your body needs on a daily basis. Avocado is a good source of vitamin K, C, E, folate and potassium So, consider this cucumber tomato salad a great healthy addition to your day.
HOW LONG DOES THIS SUMMER SALAD LAST
Cucumber and tomato salad will last refrigerated for 3-4 days, wrapped tightly with plastic wrap. Don’t leave it out at room temperature for more than two hours to avoid excessive moisture.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU ADD TO THIS CUCUMBER AND TOMATO SALAD RECIPE
You can really add a lot of flavor to the dish depending on what you like. Try adding different mix-ins to your salad. Here are a few suggestions that I’ve tried and liked.
- Dried fruit
- Bell Peppers
OTHER GREAT SIDE DISHES FOR SUMMER
Macaroni Salad – one of my favorites
Southern Potato Salad – a classic!
Olive Garden Copycat Salad – perfect side dish!
Cucumber Tomato Salad
- 4 cucumbers (short and small, diced)
- 4 tomatoes (medium, diced)
- ¼ cup red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 avocado (cored and diced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Parsley (chopped)
- First, cut off the ends of the cucumbers. Then slice into ¼" thick slices slightly on the diagonal. Add to the large bowl.
- Next cut the tomatoes in half, then cut each half lengthwise into 3 wedges. Then cut each wedge in half crosswise. Transfer to the bowl with the cucumbers.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise and remove the pit by twisting the halves gently. Next remove the skin, then slice into 1" thick slices and add to tomatoes and cucumbers.
- Place the cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, and avocado in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, Italian seasoning, sea salt, pepper and chopped parsley.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss. Taste the salad and add more salt and pepper, if necessary.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only. This information comes from online calculators. Although whatsinthepan.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.