Easy Chicken Stir Fry is quick and healthy one skillet recipe, packed with veggies! This GLUTEN FREE dish takes less than 30 minutes to make, is free of corn starch, MSG and any other unhealthy “ingredients” you would normally get in your stir fry order from the restaurant.
Why make easy chicken stir fry
- EASY – One of the easiest and healthiest meals you can count on during the busy work week and if desired, you can always substitute veggies used here with the veggies of your choice.
- FAST – With only 20 minutes of total work, it’s perfect for busy week nights!
- GLUTEN FREE – I made it gluten free by using Tamari soy sauce.
TIPS on making chicken stir fry
PREPARE. Make sure to prepare all of your ingredients for this chicken stir fry before you even begin to cook: CHICKEN, VEGGIES and SAUCE.
CUT chicken and veggies into similarly-sized pieces to promote even cooking. To avoid crowding the pan, cook chicken first, remove from the pan and cook bell peppers next.
BROCCOLI cooks fast and should be added last, unless you like it really well cooked.
Chicken stir fry sauce
- TAMARI. I use gluten free soy sauce, Tamari. Compared with most soy sauces, it’s darker, less salty, and has a stronger flavor.
- BROWN SUGAR. You can use either light or dark brown sugar to make the chicken stir fry sauce.
- APPLE CIDER VINEGAR. Apple juice that has been fermented twice is a healthier component of this delicious stir fry sauce.
The last step is to sprinkle with red pepper flakes. If you follow the directions, your homemade chicken stir fry will be only moderately spicy.
What type of skillet to use?
LARGE and SPACIOUS. I used 12 inch stainless steel fry pan that accommodated all of my ingredients.
Delicious Asian Recipes to try
Easy Chicken and Vegetables Stir Fry
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper, (to taste)
- 2 large bell peppers, red and yellow, thinly sliced
- 3 bunches of broccoli, cut up
- 1 tablespoon shredded ginger root or ginger powder
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small red chili pepper, thinly sliced
Stir Fry Sauce
- ¼ cup Tamari soy sauce, gluten free soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- Slice chicken breasts into 1 inch strips. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat olive oil in the large skillet on medium high heat. Add sliced chicken to the hot skillet and cook on medium high heat for 2 minutes on each side (total 4 minutes).
- Add sliced peppers, broccoli, ginger root, crushed garlic, chili pepper, and stir fry for 5-6 minutes more.
- Next mix Tamari sauce, vinegar and brown sugar together and add into the skillet. Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only. This information comes from online calculators. Although whatsinthepan.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
You might also like