Easy Thai Noodles With Peanut Sauce is a spicy Thai noodle dish. I made it with sweet and spicy peanut sauce. This super quick noodle recipe calls for colorful veggies, peanut butter, and soy sauce. Such an easy every day dish! Better than a restaurant take-out!
Why make Spicy Thai Noodles
- To begin with, these delicious Thai Noodles recipe is a great weeknight dinner! I used regular ingredients and made it super easy!
- You will love the simple, but authentic spicy Thai sauce. It’s spicy, yet sweet. Those two go hand in hand together. Besides, you won’t have to hunt for too many unfamiliar ingredients. Soy sauce, peanut butter and chili sauce.
- I also love the toppings in this classic Thai noodle recipe. Chopped peanuts, sesame seeds and scallions! They taste lovely together. I promise.
- How about using regular linguine here? If you are not sure about rice noodles, use long ribbon pasta that you are familiar with! I did. Of course, you can also make it with ramen noodles, rice noodles, or even gluten free pasta. But I love how versatile this easy noodle recipe is!
- Last but not least, this easy dinner recipe brings perfect amount of spice. But not overwhelming at all.
By the way, do you see that I didn’t use a wok? Look at the pictures above. I used a carbon steel pan instead. I love the fact that you can use a regular pan to make this amazing Thai noodle recipe.
This easy vegetarian noodle recipe tastes like stir fried noodles. Except, there is no need to fry any noodles! The spicy sauce does all the work. Together with soy sauce and peanut butter. If desired, you can add pork, ground beef, chicken, or shrimp. I most likely will. In my next Thai noodles recipe.
Soy sauce substitute options
So perfect for weeknight dinner!
Easy Thai Noodles
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 lb. linguine (or ramen, spaghetti, fettuccini)
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 bell pepper (red, julienned)
- 1 carrot (julienned)
- 1/3 cup soy sauce (or Tamari, or Coconut Aminos)
- 1 tablespoon honey (or agave syrup, or brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon Chili sauce
- 1/3 cup peanuts (chopped)
- 1/4 cup green onions (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Boil pasta or noodles according to box directions. Then drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the sauce. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together soy sauce, agave syrup, peanut butter and chili sauce until fully combined. Set aside.
- Preheat oil in a large skillet. Add bell pepper, carrots and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add drained pasta and sauce into the skillet and mix until fully combined.
- Top with chopped peanuts, cilantro, green onions and sesame seeds.