Irish Instant Pot Beef Stew is perfect for colder weather! Tender beef is simmered in Guinness Beer with potatoes, onions, and carrots. This easy to make Irish beef stew is perfect for days when you just want to dump everything in the pot and not worry about making a big meal. You simply pressure cook meat and veggies to create the most tender beef stew!
Are we in the comfort season yet? Hearty beef stew anyone? When everyone’s hungry and you need to get quick and easy beef stew on the table, this Irish Instant Pot Stew recipe is what you need! You’ll brown the meat and cook the potatoes all in one pot for the ultimate convenient meal. Irish Beef Stew! And if you are hungry for more Instant Pot recipes you might also try Instant Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage or Instant Pot Country Style Pork Ribs next.
Beef stew isn’t a difficult meal to simmer on the stove, so why should you make it in an Instant Pot electric pressure cooker? The real benefit is that this Instant Pot Beef Stew recipe is quick and easy. And there’s only one pot to wash at the end. Besides, Guinness beer gives a wonderful depth of flavor and wonderful aroma around your house. It makes the most delicious broth and also helps tenderize the beef. The mixture of beer and stew is so amazing! And he flavor is rich, deep and unforgettable!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS INSTANT POT STEW RECIPE
- Because you will make Irish Beef Stew with the most wholesome ingredients!
- You will get it ready in 30 minutes total! And most of that time is hands-off.
- Only ONE pot to wash at the end!
- You can use either beef or chicken.
- You will reward yourself with the most flavorful comfort food dinner that the whole family will love!
The beef comes out super tender and reminds me of a texture of slow cooked pulled meat. Only here the beef is pressure cooked only for 35 minutes! The warm comforting combination of meat, potatoes, carrots and mushrooms of this Instant Pot Irish Beef and Guinness Stew will make your family happy campers.
Have a nice loaf of fresh bread with it and you are set for a warm, hearty dinner for any night or the perfect easy St. Patrick’s day meal!
How to make Instant Pot Beef Stew
- First things first, turn on the sauté function on the Instant Pot and add butter. Once the butter is melted, add the stew meat.
- Next, brown the meat for about 5 minutes per side for a total of 10 minutes. You will flip only once to get a nice brown color.
- Now you will pour the beef broth into the pot. Stir into the bottom of the pot to get all brown bits off.
- Next add beer, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, minced garlic, rosemary, thyme and sea salt. By the way, I used Guinness Extra Stout beer here.
Now add carrots, potatoes, mushrooms and frozen pearl onions.
Lastly, mix all the veggies with the meat, broth and herbs. You can now pressure cook your Instant Pot Beef Stew!
How to pressure cook Instant Pot Irish Beef Stew
- First, close the lid on the Instant Pot. Make sure it’s in the “Lock” position.
- Secondly, turn the vent to “Sealing” position. Push “Meat/Stew” button which defaults to 35 minutes. Your pot will show On.
- Pressure will start building. This process can take up to 25 minutes due to the large amount of ingredients in the pot. Once the pressure is built up and valve pops up, the countdown will start from 35 minutes to 0.
- Once done use Natural Release Method. Basically, just wait 10-15 minutes before releasing pressure. And just like that Instant Pot Irish Beef Stew is done!
Instant Pot Tips
If you are frequently using your Instant Pot for a variety of recipes, it’s a good idea to have 2 different rings. One for savory recipes and the other for sweet recipes. This helps avoid odor exchange.
- I use this Genuine Instant Pot Ring as my second ring. Desserts only ring!
- Instant Pot Tempered Glass Lid is a good way to help keep the food warm without having to put the pressure lid on. I used it to keep rice warm in this Instant Pot Chicken and Rice.
Watch how to make it
Instant Pot Irish Guiness Beef Stew
- 1.25 pounds stew beef cubed
- Salt and Pepper (for seasoning beef)
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp butter
Stew Liquid Ingredients:
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 14 oz frozen pearl onions (1 bag)
- 10 oz mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 pound carrots (sliced)
- 1 pound potatoes (peeled and chopped into 1 inch cubes)
- Place the stew meat in a large bowl and season generously with salt and pepper. Add the flour to the bowl with meat and stir to coat.
- Turn on the sauté function on the Instant Pot. Add butter. Once it melts add the stew meat. Brown the meat for about 2.5 minutes per side for a total of 5 minutes: flip only once to get a nice brown color.
Making Beef Stew Broth:
- Pour the beef broth into the pot and stir into the bottom of the pot to get all brown bits off. Next add beer, the Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, salt, minced garlic, tomato paste, rosemary, thyme, and tomato paste.
- Add carrots, potatoes, pearl onions and mushrooms to the Instant Pot. Mix them well with the remaining ingredients in the pot.
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Close the lid on the Instant Pot, make sure it's in the "Lock" position.
Turn the vent to "Sealing" position.Push "Meat/Stew" button which defaults to 35 minutes. Your pot will show OnPressure will start building and this process can take up to 25 minutes due to the large amount of ingredients in the pot. Once the pressure is built up and valve pops up, the countdown will start from 35 minutes to 0.
- After 35 minutes of high pressure, allow the Instant Pot to cool for 10 to 15 minutes and then release pressure.
How to release pressure:
- Turn venting valve to "Venting" position (make sure to keep your face away from the pot). You might have lots of steam shoot out of the valve. After it's done, turn lid to "Open" position and carefully open the pot.
- Give the stew a good stir, taste, and adjust the salt if needed. Serve hot.