Lemon chicken and rice skillet is delicious and healthy, with plenty of vitamin C. It is an easy recipe to impress your company with! You will find yourself making this hearty rice and chicken quite often.
As my house filled with the warming aroma of this easy chicken skillet, I knew it was going to be a winner.
Ever since I made my homemade Parmesan Crusted Chicken I’ve been obsessed with finding new and easy ways to use make tasty chicken! I love using simple easy chicken recipe that’s made in just one pan. Especially when it’s so quick and easy to make for a comforting weeknight dinner. I also happen to be partial to these Instant Pot Chicken and Rice!
Easy Chicken and Rice is a family dinner favorite! Rice, chicken and lemon all cook together in your skillet in this delicious chicken and rice recipe.
Why make lemon chicken thighs and rice skillet
- Easy dinner recipe that calls for simple everyday ingredients
- You make it in just one skillet
- Simply pan sear the chicken and then add rice to cook
This easy chicken and rice is one of my favorite recipes because it’s a one pot meal. It’s comforting, family-friendly and healthy. All you need to round out the meal is a green salad or another fresh fruit or veggie. Everyone will be happy, and you’ll be so glad you found this quick dinner recipe to add to your rotation!
If you are looking for more easy chicken dinner ideas, try these ones:
- Herb Roasted Chicken in Creamy White Wine Sauce
- Italian Chicken Pasta in Creamy White Wine Parmesan Sauce
- Chicken and Mushroom Pasta in Madeira Wine Sauce
- Seared Chicken Pasta in Chardonnay Wine Sauce
Lemon chicken thighs and rice skillet
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 4 chicken thighs (skin on, bone in)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 lemon sliced
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Heat the skillet on medium high heat and add butter to the preheated skillet. Once melted, add seasoned chicken to the skillet and brown it for 5 minutes on each side on medium high heat.
- Remove chicken and add lemons to the pan. Sear them only a little, until the juices are released. Remove lemons from the pan as well.
- To the same skillet, add chopped onion and garlic and cook until slightly translucent.
- Add the rice, chicken broth, garlic powder, salt and Italian seasoning to the skillet over medium heat and use a wooden spoon to scrape the browned bits from the pan. Let rice come to a small boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Place the chicken on top of the rice, cover with lid and let cook an additional 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Make sure to check the chicken for doneness by cutting. Chicken should be cooked through at the very end of simmering process.
- Turn off the heat. Stir the rice really well and garnish with lemons. Let it sit for about 5 minutes with a lid closed. Garnish with parsley.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only. This information comes from online calculators. Although whatsinthepan.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.