Baked Pork Tenderloin is topped with Mustard, Garlic and Herbs! Crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside! This is a quick, healthy and easy way to prepare the best pork tenderloin. No marinating required! Also, it’s naturally low on carbs.
This melt in your mouth tenderloin is only 1 gram of carbs and 246 calories per serving. The easiest thing I’ve ever made in the oven! Cannot beat that! Your body, especially your pancreas, the organ responsible for regulating the blood sugar, will thank you for this! The best tenderloin recipe will provides you with nice and steady supply of energy.
Not only it’s unbelievably low in calories and carbs, but in only 30 minutes you get is a juicy, tender and delectable pork tenderloin. This delicious and easy tenderloin recipe is uncomplicated enough for a quick weeknight dinner with the family, but will also be a hit at a dinner party.
What Ingredients Do You Need For Pork Tenderloin
If you want the overview of the ingredients, here’s what you’ll need:
Chopped Garlic – the more the better. You will love garlic flavor in this recipe!
Olive oil – I always use extra virgin olive oil.
Herbs – I used Italian Seasoning, but Herbs de Provence is a good choice too.
Pork tenderloin – I love using about 1 pound tenderloin in this recipe. It’s so easy cut it into small pieces. Tenderloin packs a lot of flavor and it’s pretty tender, but still affordable.
Salt & Pepper – to season to your liking.
Equipment needed to make Oven Roasted Tenderloin
Oven proof skillet – I used cast iron, but you can also make it with a dutch oven or on a baking sheet.
Small plate or bowl – You will need it to prepare the topping for the tenderloin.
Pastry brush – the brush will allow you to spread the topping evenly over the pork. You can also use a spoon.
Ready to make this oven roasted pork tenderloin?
- Start by preheating the oven at 350 F. Going low on heat is the way to make this pork tenderloin juicy and not dry.
- Now let’s generously season it with salt and pepper. Then cover the tenderloin with the mustard using a pastry brush:
In a small plate prepare the herb mixture by mixing minced olive oil, chopped garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
Using a pastry brush, cover the tenderloin with the herb mixture. All around.
Make sure to cover the tenderloin on top and all sides, except the bottom:
Place the tenderloin in an oven safe skillet, such as cast iron or dutch oven. You can also roast it on a baking sheet. Roast the pork at 350 F. for approximately 30 minutes.
Pork safe cooking temperature
Always use a meat thermometer to determine whether your pork loin is done. It should register at 145 F. At this point the pork tenderloin will be slightly pink, which is perfectly normal. But you can also cook it until the internal temperature reaches between 145° and 160° F, and it will be slightly more done and white in color at that point.
Let the pork rest for a few minutes, then slice and serve.
Hungry for more pork tenderloin or pork loin recipes?
Brown Sugar, Garlic and Herb Tenderloin
Brown Sugar Dijon Glazed Pork Loin with Carrots, Apples and Sweet Potatoes
How about Instant Pot pork ribs? Check out this amazingly flavorful and quick recipe: Instant Pot Country Style Pork Ribs in BBQ Sauce
All are delicious and simple to prepare!
Oven Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Mustard, Garlic and Herbs
- 1.4 lb. pork tenderloin
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 3 large cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Dijon Mustard: Place the tenderloin in the oven safe dish, such as cast iron or dutch oven. Season the surface of the tenderloin with salt and pepper. Cover the tenderloin with Dijon mustard, using a pastry brush
- Herb Mixture: In a small plate prepare the herb mixture by mixing olive oil, chopped garlic, Italian seasoning and salt.
- Using a pastry brush cover the tenderloin with the herb mixture on top and all sides, except the bottom.
- Roast at 350 F for approximately 30 minutes, until internal cooking temperature reaches at least 145 F (for pink looking tenderloin) or 160 F (for white looking tenderloin). Remove from the oven and rest for 5 minutes. Slice and serve.
Curious about cooking pork chops in zero carb whiskey sauce? We loved this delicious recipe.
Pork Chops in Creamy Irish Whiskey Sauce
This recipe is a quick, healthy, and easy way to prepare pork tenderloin with only 1 gram of carbs per serving for a total of 4 per entire tenderloin: