Spicy Chicken Lazone Pasta is a flavorful and easy chicken pasta dinner that comes together in only 30 minutes! Chicken tenders are pan seared in butter and oil, and then served with a decadent New Orleans sauce over spicy pasta.
Make Spicy Chicken Pasta in your own kitchen!
Spicy Chicken Lazone Pasta dish is such a delicious meal to prepare. Most home kitchens have all of the ingredients to recreate this amazing creole chicken pasta dish with spicy New Orleans sauce. And no one has to know how simple and quick it is!
What is New Orleans Chicken Lazone
New Orleans Chicken Lazone recipe comes from the restaurant “Brennan’s” located in New Orleans. This is a chicken pasta recipe that was created by the executive chef of Brennan’s, Lazone Randolph who developed a simple method to whip up a quick New Orleans sauce that goes well with spicy chicken pasta.
The chef is long gone, the amazing spicy chicken pasta dish is off the restaurant’s menu (too bad for them, but good for us!), but the Chicken Lazone recipe itself lives on and is still there on the Internet!
What kind of pasta works best
I used linguine to make New Orleans Chicken Lazone Pasta recipe. Other great pasta choices in the order of acceptability are:
Make sure to use chicken tenders
It’s important to use chicken tenders in this Spicy Chicken Lazone. Believe me – I cook a variety of chicken all the time and chicken tenders do prevail here in terms of taste and texture. There is something about chicken tenders that makes a huge difference here and bring up a plethora of flavors in spicy chicken pasta.
Because chicken tenders are coated in paprika, creole seasoning and flour mixture and then pan seared in a hot pan – the resulting texture of the spicy chicken is nothing short of amazing!
You’ve got to try it to believe it!
Easy Steps to make Spicy Chicken Pasta
PREPARE THE FLOUR MIXTURE for spicy chicken by combining flour, creole seasoning, paprika, garlic powder and salt.
Then coat the chicken tenders with the mixture using a fork to flip them. Shake off any excess flour.
PAN SEAR chicken tenders in butter and olive oil for 4 minutes on each side for a total of 8 and them remove chicken onto a plate.
To make Chicken Lazone spicy sauce
Melt butter in the pan and add remaining seasoning mixture into the sauce. This mixture will have all the spices to make your sauce taste wonderful!
If not using remaining mixture, make sure to use 2 tablespoons of flour and add more Creole seasoning, paprika and garlic powder (one teaspoon of each) to bring the flavor in.
Make sure to cook the flour for 2-3 minutes until flour is no longer raw.
Finally add heavy cream to the pan and bring to a boiling point – simmer for 3-4 minutes and then add cooked pasta to the spicy sauce.
ADD CHICKEN to pasta with spicy sauce and spoon the sauce all over the chicken.
Spicy Chicken Lazone Pasta is done!
Skillet Used in Making Chicken Lazone
I like to use cast iron skillets when making large batches of food. Not only do they hold heat very well, but they also make it easy to brown chicken or any other kind of meat. This traditional 12 inch cast iron skillet – is large enough to fit all this pasta. Another option is this modern design cast iron skillet. This 12 inch sloped sides Lodge skillet comes with a helper handle and sloped sides.
Spicy Chicken Lazone Pasta
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp Creole seasoning (or Cajun seasoning)
- 2 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 4 tbsp butter
- Remaining seasoning mixture
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp paprika
- 8 oz. linguine
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup Pasta water (reserve it)
- In a small bowl, combine salt, Creole seasoning, paprika powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and flour. Dredge the chicken in the seasoning mixture and shake off excess. Reserve any leftover spice/flour mix for the sauce.
- Preheat large saute pan, add olive oil and melt butter over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken tenders until done, about 8 minutes (3-4 minutes per each side). Remove from the pan.
- Add 4 tablespoons of butter to the empty skillet and add remaining seasoning mixture into the butter until cook it until flour is no longer raw. Add more paprika and heavy cream into the skillet. Bring to a boiling point.
- Lower heat and simmer 3-4 minutes. Taste the sauce and adjust seasoning to your liking.
- Boil pasta in salty water, drain, but do not rinse. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water. If you think the sauce needs thinning, add reserved pasta water to the sauce. Add it slow - as much as you would like to have according to your liking.
- Add cooked pasta into the sauce and stir until fully coated. Add chicken into the skillet with pasta to reheat.
- Serve with sauce spooned over chicken and pasta, and sprinkled with chopped parsley.
Wouldn’t you want to explore more tasty pasta recipes? Such as this Cajun Chicken and Sausage Penne Pasta dish. It’s so unbelievably flavorful and I cannot recommend it highly enough!
and this amazing Chicken Spinach and Bacon Alfredo Pasta. Both recipes are so easy to make and are perfect for midweek dinners!