Creamy Low Carb Pork Chops are packed with flavor! These boneless pork chops are crispy on the outside an juicy on the inside. They are easy to prepare in less than 30 minutes. Perfect for quick weeknight dinners!
Golden crust on the top of these keto pork chops is unbelievelhy easy to achieve. You get them this crispy by dreading them in Almond flour instead of the regular flour. Gluten free! As a result these smothered pork chops boast only 7 grams of carbs per serving. And creamy sauce is thickened with either Xanthan gum or Parmesan cheese. Crusty and juicy on inside! Tender melt-in-your mouth deliciousness in one pan!
Low carb pork chops is a delicious way to keep your body in the state of ketosis. As a reminder, you can achieve the state of Ketosis through the use a low carbohydrate diet. This way you restrict your body in glucose containing carbohydrates. And since glucose is your body’s primary fuel source, your body will start looking for alternative sources. Fat!
This is where these juicy seared pork chops come into play. They just don’t let any of those unnecessary carbs to sneak in! No way. And that’s how your will start burning excess body fat instead of calories for fuel. No carbs = no weight gain! And if you are in the right keto territory that day- even weight loss!
Imagine how good the life would be if the following were true? Right? What if you were eating these low carb pork chops weekly while losing the weight at the same time? You need this keto pork chop recipe in your life to burn some body fat!
KETO PORK CHOPS AND ALCOHOL
This keto pork chop recipe uses dry white wine. Do not use cooking wine. It’s loaded with sodium and is not suitable for this recipe. Instead, use real wine that you like to drink. Please make sure to choose a low carb wine that is keto compliant. Basically, the rule of thumb is to stick to dry or semi-dry wines. Good choices are Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay or Riesling. I use low carb Pinot Grigio dry white wine. All the time.
You can also choose zero carb whiskey or brandy instead of wine. There are many choices. Incidentally, I successfully made a wonderful low carb boneless pork chop recipe using whiskey in this Pork Chops in Creamy Irish Whiskey Sauce. It includes 1 adjustment necessary to make it keto – almond flour.
Below is the list of Low Carb White Wines suitable for Low Carb Pork Chops
- Chardonnay – 118 calories, 3.7g net carbs
- Pinot Grigio – 122 calories, 3.2g net carbs
- Riesling – 118 calories, 5.5g net carbs
- Champagne/Sparkling Wine – 96 calories, 1.5g net carbs
You can learn more about keto friendly wines and alcohol in general in Keto Diet and Alcohol article.
How do you thicken the sauce with Keto friendly ingredients?
Use 1/2 cup of cheese to thicken the sauce. Or more.Cheese is one of the easiest ways to provide fat and fuel. Here of course we use it to make our low carb pork chops juicy and creamy. This is my favorite method.
Instead of regular flour, use 1/4 cup of Almond flour to thicken the sauce. It’s one of the easiest ingredients to use. Plus almond flour will make these low carb pork chops so delicious and healthy!
Instead of regular flour, I гыув Xanthan gum as a sauce thickener. It can turn any thin liquid into a rich sauce! Very rich! Xanthan gum has a very neutral flavor so it mixes well with foods without masking their flavor. I like that. Also, xanthan gum is gluten free and low carb. It’s a perfect flour substitute for thickening sauces on Keto diet.
Keep in mind that a little goes a long way when xanthan gum is concerned. I mean it. Go light on it and let it heat up as you are whisking it. It will thicken, but you just need to give it a little time. If you find it is too thin you can always add a little more. Easy!
More Low Carb Pork Chops Recipes
Curious about cooking boneless pork chops in zero carb whiskey sauce? We loved this delicious recipe:
And how about a tenderloin? Below are two very delicious low carb pork tenderloin recipes:
Creamy Low Carb Pork Chops (Gluten Free)
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 2 tablespoons butter
Dredging Mixture for Pork Chops:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (or 1/4 cup almond flour, or 1/4 teaspoon Xanthan Gum)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 lemon
- 1/2 cup chicken stock (sodium free)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme leaves only
- Dry mixture: In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning.
- Cooking pork chops: First, season pork chops generously with salt and pepper. Then dredge them thoroughly in dry mixture. Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the pan is hot, add pork chops. Now sear them by cooking for 3-4 minutes per side for a total of 6-8 minutes. First side is cooked on medium high. But when cooking on the second side, reduce the heat to medium. After searing is done, remove pork from heat and transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Creamy garlic & herb sauce: Return skillet to heat and add butter and minced garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes on medium heat.
- Next ad wine and squeeze lemon into the pan while still on medium heat. Now add chicken stock and heavy cream. Bring to a boiling point and lower heat. Cook on low for 2-3 minutes.
- Add fresh thyme and Italian seasoning, season with salt and pepper (to taste). Also add Parmesan cheese and then simmer for 2-3 minutes. Next taste the sauce and add more seasoning, if necessary.
- Adding pork chops to the sauce. Reduce heat to low and return pork chops to pan. Depending on the thickness of your pork chops, you might just need to heat them up a bit to make sure they are done.
- Drizzle some of the sauce over pork chops and reheat on low for 2-3 minutes or until pork chops are done.