German Peach Kuchen Cake with Almond Streusel
It's a delicious peach cake made with slivered almonds. The baked peaches are smooth and creamy and the Kuchen batter is light and tender with the buttery almond crumb on top.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 2.5 - 3 cups fresh peaches ( chopped into small chunks)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 Teaspoon almond extract
Almond Streusel Topping:
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup almonds (blanched and slivered) lightly toasted and cooled
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2.5 Teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 Teaspoons powdered sugar (for decorating)
Prepare Almond Streusel Topping
Prepare Kuchen Batter:
Preheat an oven to 350º F. Butter a 9 Inch Spring Form Pan and set aside.
Dry Ingredients: Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
Wet Ingredients: Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the almond and vanilla extracts, followed by the egg and milk. Fold in the dry ingredients into the wet ones.
Spread the batter in the prepared pan and spread the Peach Filling evenly over the batter. DO not use the peach juices as this will make the batter too runny.
Sprinkle the almond streusel topping evenly over the top of the cake.
Bake until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, about 45 to 60 minutes.
Cool the cake in the pan for 15 minutes before removing the springform pan. Do not remove earlier than that.
Serve warm or at room temperature, sprinkled with powdered sugar.
Calories: 401kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 162mg | Potassium: 207mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 38g | Vitamin A: 8.3% | Calcium: 8.6% | Iron: 9.3%