Instant Pot Tomato and Shrimp Orzo
The most mouthwatering combination, pressure cooked only for 3 minutes in a rich tomato sauce, fragrant with parsley and topped with feta cheese.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Two 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes (with their juices, sodium free)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1 1/4 pounds medium shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper plus more to taste
- 2/3 cup feta cheese (crumbled or cubed)
- 1 1/4 cup chicken stock (sodium free)
- 3/4 cup orzo
Set Instant Pot to Sauté mode and preheat before adding any oil. Add olive oil, and then the onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, until softened, and translucent, about 3 minutes. Deglaze with a splash of water or stock to prevent anything getting stuck to the bottom and BURN warning.
Next add the tomatoes and chicken stock and bring to a boil. Stir to make sure nothing is stuck to the bottom.
Add orzo, dill and parsley and mix well.
Next shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Add feta cheese over the top.
Set Instant Pot on Manual High Pressure for 3 minutes.
Once done, use Quick Pressure Release to avoid overcooking orzo and shrimp.
Calories: 395kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 379mg | Sodium: 2039mg | Potassium: 685mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 660IU | Vitamin C: 36.5mg | Calcium: 416mg | Iron: 5.9mg