Traditional Macaroni Salad
Easy and delicious Macaroni Salad
- 8 oz elbow macaroni pasta
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup bell peppers (yellow and red, chopped)
- ½ cup celery (chopped)
Mayo Based Dressing
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons spicy mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 2 teaspoons distilled vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
Cook elbow macaroni noodles according to your package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Add cooked pasta to a large mixing bowl and drizzle olive oil to prevent pasta from sticking.
Chop yellow and red pepper and celery. Add them to the bowl with macaroni. Set aside.
Mayo based dressing
In a medium size bowl combine mayonnaise, spicy mustard, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, pepper, sugar and whisk well.
Pour dressing over macaroni salad ingredients and toss until combined. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Calories: 277kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 214mg | Potassium: 74mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 825IU | Vitamin C: 32.9mg | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 0.6mg