Homemade Mediterranean Bread is ready in 30 minutes and is made with only 5 ingredients, using refrigerated dough, Kalamata olives, Pesto, Feta and Sun-Dried Tomatoes. So simple and so delicious!
Homemade Mediterranean Bread a great choice for those who don’t like to mess around with making their own dough, because here we use a store-bought refrigerated French dough. It’s a perfect choice: so easy, yet moist and flavor-enhancing!
All you need to do is roll out the dough, spread all the chopped ingredients on top, roll it back up and bake it for 20 minutes! The resulting Mediterranean Bread with Kalamata Olives and Feta is soft, tender and delicious! It could not be more simple than that!
Quick Tips on Using Refrigerated Dough
- Always use chilled dough for best results.
- Make sure your bread fillings aren’t too wet. This could result in under-baked dough.
- For perfectly filled Mediterranean bread, keep an eye on your filling-to-dough ratio. Too much filling will cause the dough to puff up and lose shape during baking.
Can you believe that you can make your own Kalamata Olive Mediterranean Bread in under 30 minutes?
Why make Mediterranean Bread
- This savory appetizer goes so well with a glass of wine!
- It’s so easy to make and takes only 30 minutes of total time.
- It’s moist and full of flavor!
The first step is to line the cookie sheet with parchment paper and roll out the dough.
Next spread pesto on top of the dough with a brush or a spoon. Then add chopped sun-dried tomatoes and slices of Kalamata olives on top of pesto layer.
Next sprinkle feta cheese.
Roll up dough tightly, pinching ends together to seal.
That’s it for the preparation part – all that is left to do is put it in the oven and it will be ready after 20 minutes of baking at 350 F. The loaf should be browned on bottom.
Which dishes go well with this Mediterranean Bread?
- Cranberry Walnut and Spinach Salad in Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- Baked Ziti with Sausage, Broccoli and Spinach
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Mediterranean Bread with Kalamata Olives and Feta
- 3 tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes, (in oil, chopped)
- 11 oz. refrigerated French bread dough, (1 can)
- 4 tablespoon pesto
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoon Kalamata olives, (pitted and chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Chop sundried tomatoes. Chop Kalamata olives. Set aside.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll bread dough. Spread pesto evenly on rolled out dough, leaving a 1-inch margin around edges.
- Sprinkle tomatoes, feta and olives over pesto.
- Roll up dough tightly, pinching ends together to seal. Place loaf on a baking sheet coated with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until loaf is browned on bottom.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only. This information comes from online calculators. Although whatsinthepan.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
This is such a delicious bread. We made it two years in a row for our church’s potluck. Everyone asked to bring it back next year again.
Olga at Whatsinthepan says
I’m glad you enjoyed the bread. Thank you for coming back and leaving the feedback!