Savory Breakfast Bundt Cake is packed with bacon, scrambled eggs and sharp cheddar cheese flavors! This delicious breakfast bread is full of protein, carbs and fats – healthy, nutritious and easy to make. The marriage of all the best things that breakfast can offer.
Make this savory breakfast bundt cake for breakfast or a brunch. Create a beautiful morning habit of eating protein in one wholesome meal!
Ditch the coffee cake, pancakes or muffin habit for breakfast and endulge in this amazingly delectable healthier version of your breakfast routine. You will enjoy golden perfection with crispy bacon, homemade biscuit batter, scrambled eggs and sharp cheddar cheese!
Ingredients for Best Breakfast Casserole Recipe
Eggs. Yes, eggs as the main source of protein for this breakfast casserole. We are using 5 eggs.
Milk, heavy cream and butter. I recommend to use whole milk for better bread texture.
Cheddar cheese. Sharp cheddar cheese, yellow in color.
Flour. You can use regular flour, or wholewheat flour. I like to use Einkorn flour in this delicious breakfast bread recipe.
Tips on making savory breakfast casserole
Spray the bundt pan. In order for the cooked bread to release easily, make sure to REALLY spray the bundt pan with cooking or baking spray. I recommend to use duck fat cooking spray.
Scramble the eggs. Just barely though. We don’t want any rubbery texture to our delicious bread.
Use a knife to check if the bread is done. I always insert a knife into several spots of this breakfast cake in order to determine whether it is done and ready to eat!
How to store it
Slice it up. I slice the breakfast cake into one inch pieces and store it sliced.
Use air tight container. This is an obvious choice, if you have the right size container.
Ziploc bag. I also like to store the sliced bread in ziploc bags – they are compact and fit in any area of a refrigerator.
How to make crumbled bacon
Cook the bacon first. You will need to cook bacon first. You can either bake it or cook it in the skillet.
I have written an article on how to cook the bacon in the oven, and the recipe instructions explain how to cook it in the pan.
Use a sharp knife to slice the bacon into crumbles.
More delicious breakfast recipes
Savory Breakfast Bundt Cake
- 1 large skillet for cooking bacon and eggs
- 1 large bowl
- 1 spatula
- 1 bundt cake pan
- 1 knife
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
Prepare bacon crumbles
- Prepare a large skillet. Add bacon to it and cook for about 5-7 minutes until the bacon reaches the medium level of crispiness you want. Move bacon from the skillet with a slotted spoon or spatula; drain on a paper towel. Now slice the bacon. Set bacon crumbles aside onto a plate.
Prepare scrambled eggs
- Prepare a large bowl. Add eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and whisk together.
- Prepare the skillet (reuse the same one you had for bacon) by spraying it with the cooking spray. Add the egg mixture to the skillet and cook over medium heat until eggs are barely cooked, but not fully scrambled.
Prepare the batter
- Prepare a large bowl (or reuse the one for eggs – wash it). Add flour, bacon and 1 cup cheddar cheese (DO NOT add the entire amount of cheese listed in the ingredients). Mix well.
- Add heavy cream and gradually mix the dry ingredients and the cream with a fork or a whisk until moist.
- Divide the biscuit batter into two halves and set aside.
- Spray the budnt cake pan with cooking spray. Thoroughly, liberally and evenly.
- Prepare 2 or 3 tablespoons of bacon crumbles and sprinkle them evenly on the bottom of your bundt cake pan.
- Prepare ⅓ cup cheddar cheese and sprinkle it on top of the bacon crumbles.
- Add one half of the batter on top of the sprinkled bacon and cheese. I used a spatula to flatten the batter.
- Next, sprinkle the batter with ½ cup cheddar cheese.
- Now add scrambled eggs mixture.
- Next add remaining bacon crumbles.
- Now, sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup of cheddar cheese.
- Finally, top with the remaining half of the batter. Flatten with the spatula to even it out.
Bake the bundt cake
- Move the bundt cake into the oven and bake for 25-35 minutes until the inserted knife comes out clean.
- Rest the bread for 30 minutes before inverting it onto a large plate.
- Optional: Melt the butter and add it on top of your breakfast bundt cake.
- Serve hot or cold.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only. This information comes from online calculators. Although whatsinthepan.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.