Mini Cranberry Pecan Pies are made of butter, cream cheese and flour. The filling is pure heaven, made of beaten egg, brown sugar, dried cranberries and fresh pecans. Made in a regular muffin pan, these cranberry pecan tassies are perfect as individual snacks, party desserts or potluck food!
These miniature cookie tarts with golden brown crusts have a crunchy sweet and tart filling.
And filling the muffin cups with the tart dough is easy – simply press pastry into muffin cups, then fill a glistening, sweet mixture of pecans, cranberries and sugar.
Mini Cranberry Pecan Pies are easy to make
Cranberry pecan tarts are quite fancy, but they are simply fruit and nut filled tassies – made in ordinary muffin cups. So simple and elegant!
To make the pastry – just mix butter, cream cheese, sugar and flour.
To make the filling – all you have to do is beat an egg with sugar and then mix in cranberries and pecans.
To assemble the cranberry tarts – just fill the pastry with spoonfuls of this cranberry-pecan mixture and bake it for 30 minutes! They are so easy to make, taste amazing and are full of color.
To make cranberry pecan tarts gluten free, dairy free and nut free
To make it gluten free: replace regular flour with Cup4Cup gluten free flour.
To make it dairy free: remove cream cheese and replace butter with dairy free butter (such as Earth Balance) and increase the quantity of dairy free butter to 3/4 cup. The pastry will be more pie like.
To make it nut free: remove pecans and replace with equal quantity of cranberries or different dried fruit.
Their special occasion look will dress up your holiday table – whether it’s Christmas or a New Year’s Eve party. And they can be made a couple of days ahead!
How to store cranberry pecan tassies
They store beautifully at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 6 days. You can even freeze them up to 3 months.
What a great balance of sweet and tart with the cranberries, brown sugar and pecans. Being not overly sweet – they make a perfect complement to the standard sweet cookies on a holiday table!
Fill your holiday platter with these elegant and tasty little treats – with none of the stress of a pie!
How about these cranberry recipe ideas:
- Cranberry Walnut and Spinach Salad in Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- Grand Marnier Cranberry Sauce
- Brussels sprout Cranberry and Pecan Salad with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
Mini Cranberry Pecan Pies
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 3 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350.
- To make pastry, beat the butter, sugar and cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until combined. Stir in the flour. Can be made a day ahead.
- Divide the pastry into 8 balls. Place each ball in ungreased muffin cups. Press pastry batter evenly against the bottom and up the side of each cup.
- To make filling, beat together the egg, vanilla and brown sugar until combined. Stir in cranberries and pecans. Spoon the filling into the pastry-lined muffin cups.
- Bake in a 350 F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Cool in muffin cups. Remove tassies by running a knife around the edges