Chicken Fettuccine with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Mushrooms is done in 30 minutes – from start to finish! Absolutely amazing pasta, deliciously seasoned with red pepper flakes and generously coated in a rich and creamy Parmesan cheese sauce.
Chicken Fettuccine Pasta Dinner
Everything is cooked in one pan with perfectly seasoned chicken, sun-dried tomatoes and mushrooms. One pan only – which means taking a vacation away from the sink! In our house, no matter how many dishes we wash, there always seem to be more.
While making this delightful Chicken Fettuccine dinner, why not enjoy a glass of red wine in the process? It will set you in the right mood for the right bottle of wine in no time.
Why Make Chicken Fettuccini
Chicken Fettuccine is a perfect combination of protein, carbs and veggies! Look at the colorful plate here. We have mushrooms that are meaty and comforting, while chicken is super flavorful with the perfect amount of spice.
Tips on Cooking Chicken
I prefer to cook whole chicken breasts and then slice them. Alternatively, you can cut chicken first and cook it already sliced. Here’s a link on how to perfectly sear chicken breasts.
How to Cook Mushrooms
Soft and moist mushrooms, amazing taste from sun-dried tomatoes, hints of garlic, Italian seasoning, paprika and red pepper flakes. And you only need very little of sun-dried tomatoes – ¼ of cup.
When you cook mushrooms, make sure to cook them on medium high heat. You don’t have too cook them for too long – only enough to soften them, about 3-4 minutes. I also like to add spices at this point.
Tips on Making the Sauce
Making the sauce is very easy. Add 1 tablespoon flour into cooked mushrooms. Next add chicken broth and heavy cream and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
Remove from heat and slowly whisk in shredded Parmesan cheese – until the cheese melts.
Tips on How to Add Cheese without Clumps
- When your sauce is ready for the cheese, remove the skillet from the heat.
- If it’s really hot, let it cool a few minutes.
- The sauce only needs to be hot enough to melt the shredded or grated cheese.
- Do not add the cheese to the sauce while is still sitting over the heat, as that can cause the cheese to overcook.
- Decorate with leaves of fresh basil or parsley (optional).
More Popular Chicken Recipes
Chicken Fettuccine with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Mushrooms
- 8 oz fettuccini pasta
- CHICKEN: Paper towel dry the chicken and generously season with Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Heat olive oil in a large deep skillet. Add chicken breasts and cook on medium high heat for 4 minutes on each side until nicely browned for a total of 8 minutes. Remove from pan.
- PASTA: In the meantime bring a large pot of salty water to boil, add pasta and cook it according to instructions. Drain the pasta, but do not rinse.
- SAUCE: Add a little bit more olive oil to the now empty skillet and make sure it’s hot. Add sliced mushrooms and garlic with a little bit of Italian seasoning and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes and basil. Cook for a couple of minutes longer.
- Add chicken broth and heavy cream and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and slowly whisk in shredded Parmesan cheese – until the cheese melts and sauce thickens. Taste the sauce and add salt (if using sodium free chicken broth).
- ADDING CHICKEN AND PASTA: Add Fettuccini and chicken into the sauce and reheat pasta and chicken in it for a couple more minutes, stirring to coat them well.
- Season with more salt if necessary. Serve with additional shredded Parmesan and basil, if desired.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only. This information comes from online calculators. Although whatsinthepan.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.