Black Forest Oreo Cheesecake consists of crushed Oreos as the crust and the layers of cream cheese, whipped cream and chocolate. It’s topped with delicious cherry jam and even more Oreos! This is a no bake Oreo version of the famous German Schwarzwälder kirschtorte.
To make this dessert with premade crust
This No Bake Black Forest Oreo Cheesecake can also be made using premade Oreo pie crust such as this one, It can be found in any supermarket, I linked it here to Amazon only to show you what to look for once you get into the store. Keep in mind that it’s 8 inches in diameter on the outer rim, but it’s only 7 inches in diameter on the bottom.
Because it’s a smaller dish, you will need to reduce cream cheese to 1 package only, which is 8 oz. and cool whip to 1 container, which is also 8 oz. (basically make sure to half the amount required in this recipe). And you won’t have to use Oreos for the crust either!
However, if you like to make your own Oreo crust, the instructions are provided below.
No Bake Black Forest Oreo Cheesecake Step by Step
Prepare Oreo Crust
Skip this step if using Premade Oreo Pie Crust
1. Crush Oreos with a rolling pin or meat tenderizer and arrange them on the bottom of the baking dish. You an also process Oreos (including white part) very finely in the food processor and have a nice fine crumb instead of chunky crust.
2. Pour melted butter over crushed Oreos and mix well using your fingers.
3. Flatten the crust by using a bottom of the measuring cup.
Prepare Cream Cheese/Cool Whip Mixture
- Soften cream cheese by microwaving it for 20 seconds. I added mine to the large bowl where I mixed the rest of the mixture.
- Next add powdered sugar – use a small sifter/strainer to avoid clumps.
3. Finally, add cool whip to the mixture and mix it well with a spatula. Cream cheese/cool whip mixture is done:
4. Divide cream cheese/cool whip mixture into 2 equal parts.
5. Add 1st half of cream cheese/cool whip layer on top of crushed Oreos crust.
7. Spread it evenly using a spatula to even it out.
Making Chocolate Layer
Using a small sifter/strainer, add cacao powder to the 2nd half of cream cheese/cool whip mixture and mix well with the spatula.
Spread the chocolate layer and even it out with a spatula
Refrigerate for at least 5 hours or overnight. Once thoroughly chilled, the cheesecake will become firm and now the sour cherry jam can be spread on top using a spatula.
Black Forest Cake is Schwarzwälderkirschtorte in German, which means Black Forest Cherry Torte or Gateau. The cake consists of multiple layers of chocolate sponge cake, cherries, and whipped cream.
Now that the No Bake Black Forest Oreo Cheesecake has been chilled in the fridge, decorated with cherry jam, it’s time to serve it and enjoy it! Once I cut it into individual slices, I always add extra Oreos on top of the cherry jam for decoration and the kids love those!
If you enjoy Oreo recipes, I have a couple more on this website – both have detailed and easy to follow instructions and step by step photos: Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookie and No Bake Oreo Dessert with Cream Cheese, Cool Whip and Chocolate Pudding
No Bake Black Forest Oreo Cheesecake consists of crushed Oreos as the crust and the layers of cream cheese, whipped cream and chocolate. It's topped with delicious cherry jam and even more Oreos! This is a no bake Oreo version of the famous German Schwarzwälder kirschtorte.
- 20 Oreos crushed
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 packages cream cheese (8 oz each)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup sour cream (or full fat yogurt, or greek yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 containers Cool Whip (8 oz. each)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup cherry jam
Soften both packages of cream cheese by microwaving for 30 sec.
In a mixing bowl, whisk cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth and combined.
Add in sour cream and vanilla extract. Mix together with a spatula until combined. Now fold in 2 containers of Cool Whip using a spatula.
Divide prepared Cream Cheese/Cool Whip mixture into two parts, somewhat equal to each other. Remove one part right on top of the prepared Oreo crust and even it out with a spatula.
The second half of the mixture will be used in the next step to make a chocolate layer.
Add cocoa powder to the remaining cream filling and mix together with a whisk until well combined. Spread it evenly over the cream cheese layer.
Refrigerate for at least 4-5 hours in order for the layers to set and become firm.
Once chilled in the fridge, it's time to add cherry jam Spread cherry jam over the top chocolate layer with a spatula.
Cut into slices and serve each slice with some crushed Oreos on top.