Easy Chicken and Vegetables Stir Fry is quick and healthy recipe is done in less in 30 minutes! It’s free of corn starch, MSG and any other unhealthy “ingredients” you would normally get in your stir fry order from the restaurant. I also made it gluten free by using Tamari soy sauce.
Why make chicken and vegetables stir fry
- One of the easiest and healthiest meals you can count on during the busy work week and if desired, you can always substitute veggies used here with the veggies of your choice.
- With only 20 minutes of total work, it’s perfect for busy week nights!
- Chicken is a protein staple and a great base for a low SmartPoints value dish when on Weight Watchers or any other diet!
Make sure to prepare all of your ingredients for this chicken stir fry before you even begin to cook. Cut chicken and veggies into similarly-sized pieces to promote even cooking. To avoid crowding the pan, cook chicken first, remove from the pan and cook bell peppers next.
Broccoli cooks fast and should be added last, unless you like it really well cooked. Then add soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, chili pepper and ginger. Cook for several minutes longer.
I combined soy sauce and brown sugar in a bowl ahead of time to allow the sugar to melt in the sauce and then poured right in the pan at the very end.
The last step is to sprinkle with red pepper flakes. If you follow the directions, your homemade chicken stir fry will be only moderately spicy.
Easy Chicken and Vegetables Stir Fry
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 large bell peppers red and yellow, thinly sliced
- 3 bunches of broccoli cut up
- 1 Tbsp shredded ginger root or ginger powder
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 small red chili pepper thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Tamari soy sauce gluten free soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- Slice chicken breasts into 1 inch strips. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat olive oil in the large skillet on medium high heat. Add sliced chicken to the hot skillet and cook on medium high heat for 2 minutes on each side (total 4 minutes).
- Add sliced peppers, broccoli, ginger root, crushed garlic, chili pepper, and stir fry for 5-6 minutes more.
- Next add Tamari sauce, vinegar and brown sugar into the skillet. Mix and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Serve immediately.