This amazing bacon and broccoli pasta is quite a guilty pleasure with all that creamy Parmesan Alfredo cheesy sauce. And it’s a perfect weeknight dinner pasta by itself as a main course pasta or alongside a steak or a pork chop. You decide!
Bacon chunks, broccoli, al dente pasta – it’s all here in this one easy pasta recipe! After I made this amazing Italian Chicken Pasta recipe, I wanted to try another simple meal packed with flavor. Additionally, I wanted add vegetables as well. Indeed, bacon WITH broccoli and lots of cheese just seemed like a natural choice!
I think there’s nothing better than having a restaurant quality pasta dish on the table within minutes! Especially when I’m treating my family and friends! This easy pasta dish has a tendency to disappear quickly from our dinner table!
Bacon and Broccoli Pasta
After I made this chicken bacon pasta, I knew I had to make Bacon and Broccoli Pasta, which in itself is very rich and delicious, even without the bacon.
But the fun starts when you add the bacon! Bacon imparts lots of flavor to the sauce, while broccoli adds a mildly sweet taste like in this Chicken Alfredo.
It’s a great option for bacon lovers and the addition of broccoli makes it a little healthier choice just like Brussels sprouts in this Creamy Brussels sprouts dish.
Just like the original Alfredo sauce preparation, this delcious sauce is thickened only by cheese and not starch or flour!
To make it gluten free, make sure to use gluten free pasta, such as rice or quinoa noodles.
The sauce is rich and creamy and the bacon just makes this extra delicious – and can be adapted in so many wonderful ways: you can add chicken, use different kind of cheese, make sauce thicker or runnier to your liking.
How could bacon and broccoli in creamy pasta be wrong?
So easy and sooo delish!
Fettuccini Alfredo with Bacon and Broccoli
- Bacon: Place parchment paper on cookie sheet and cook bacon in the oven at 400 F for 15 minutes. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Pasta: While the bacon is cooking, prepare pasta in salty water according to package directions and set aside.
- Broccoli: Boil water for broccoli, add once it reaches boiling point, turn off the stove and let broccoli sit in hot water for 5 minutes. Then drain immediately.
- Alfredo Sauce: Add butter to the pan and 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning and saute garlic for 2-3 minutes. Gradually add heavy cream, stirring constantly and cook for 2 minutes or until bubbly, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low. Gradually add Parmesan and Romano cheeses, stirring until cheese melts. This will thicken the sauce. Add garlic salt, salt and pepper.
- Putting it all together: Add pasta, bacon and broccoli to the pan with sauce and mix well together. Simmer for 3-4 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Note: If the sauce appears too thick, add ¼ cup of water or more cream. Sprinkle with extra Parmesan, if desired.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only. This information comes from online calculators. Although whatsinthepan.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.