Chicken Pasta in White Wine Sauce is cooked in one pan and ready in under 30 minutes. This creamy pasta dish is the perfect easy dinner to serve on busy weeknights.
With holidays over and busy nights ahead of us, I love new quick and easy dinner ideas! I love pesto because it’s so flavorful and delicious. And I can use it to make a simple meal that is flavor packed in no time. There’s nothing better than having a restaurant quality pasta dish on the table in minutes! My family loves a good creamy pasta dish any night of the week!
This pasta dish is spectacular with White Wine Cream Sauce! You will use Parmesan cheese as well. I promise you that this luxurious chicken pasta recipe will blow your mind and taste buds. It’s packed with flavor thanks to Chardonnay and truly a restaurant quality pasta dish.
It’s not only amazingly delicious but so easy to make. Ideal for a quick weeknight dinner or serving to company. Classically savory and flavorful!
How to season and sear chicken
Paper towel dry the chicken and generously season it. You will need Italian seasoning, paprika, salt, pepper, and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Heat olive oil in a large deep skillet. Do remember to brown the chicken very well. It will add so much to the flavor of the overall meal. Here a link to my post on how to pan-sear chicken to perfection. It explains in detail what chicken to choose, what tools to use, etc.
Now add chicken breasts to the pan. You will cook them on medium high heat for about 4 minutes on each side until nicely browned. For a total of 8-10 minutes. Check if chicken is still pink in the center. If it’s not done yet, reduce heat to medium. Cover with a lid and cook covered for 4-5 additional minutes until no longer pink. You will then remove chicken from the skillet.
How to make White Wine Sauce for Pasta
First things first, melt butter in the hot skillet. Then add diced red onion chopped scallions. You will cook them on medium high until onions and scallions are softened. About 4 minutes.
Now add sliced garlic cloves and cook for additional 2 minutes. You will then add diced tomatoes and reduce heat to medium.To thicken the sauce, you will need to addd flour to pan. Stir to combine with a wooden spoon. Next you will add Chardonnay. Cook wine on medium high for 2-3 minutes. Now add heavy cream and chicken stock. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.Once simmering is over, turn off heat and add shredded Parmesan cheese. Whisk until you have a smooth mixture. Next add Italian Seasoning, salt, and paprika. Mix well. At this point taste the sauce and add more seasoning if desired.
Final Assembly of Creamy Chicken Pasta
Lastly, add cooked pasta to the skillet with the sauce. Mix it into the sauce with a wooden spoon. You will then cover the pan with a lid and keep on low heat. While pasta is absorbing the sauce, slice cooked chicken breasts. Almost there!
Next add sliced chicken to the pan and cover with a lid to reheat them. Only for 2-3 minutes. You can serve sliced chicken either mixed in with pasta or on top of pasta. And don’t forget to sprinkle with Parmesan cheese! I like to do that right on the plate.
If you are hungry for more wine pasta dishes, do I have a number of them on this site for you to explore:
Chicken Pasta in Creamy White Wine Parmesan Sauce
Herb Roasted Chicken in Creamy White Wine Sauce
Oven Roasted Chicken and Bacon
How about cooking with vodka:)? There you go:
Pasta Bolognese in Creamy Vodka Sauce
Chicken Pasta in White Wine
- 10 oz pasta such as penne or rigatoni
For the Chicken:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb. chicken breasts boneless and skinless, thick
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning thyme, oregano, basil and rosemary
- ¼ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
For the white wine sauce:
- 1 red onion diced
- 2 scallions chopped
- 4 tbsp butter
- 3 garlic cloves sliced
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup Parmesan shredded, more for garnish
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- ½ tsp salt more if desired
- ½ tsp paprika
- COOKING PASTA: Start boiling water to cook pasta al dente (not too soft – we will add it to the sauce later where it will have a chance to soften up) in salty water. Drain, but do not rinse.
- SEARING CHICKEN: Paper towel dry the chicken and generously season with Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large deep skillet. Add chicken breasts and cook on medium high heat for a total of 4 minutes on each side until nicely browned for a total of 8 minutes. If it’s not done yet, reduce heat to medium, cover with a lid and cook covered for 4-5 additional minutes until no longer pink in the center. Make sure that all liquid, if any, is removed after cooking the chicken (depends on the chicken you use), otherwise the dish will be too watery. Remove chicken from the skillet.
- MAKING WINE SAUCE: Melt butter in the hot stainless steel skillet and add red onion and chopped scallions. Cook on medium high until onions and scallions are softened for a total of 4 minutes. Add sliced garlic cloves and cook for additional 2 minutes. Now add diced tomatoes, cook only for a couple of minutes and reduce heat to medium. Add 1 tablespoon flour to pan and stir to combine with a wooden spoon.
- Add wine and cook on medium high for 2-3 minutes. Add heavy cream and chicken stock, reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Turn off heat, add shredded Parmesan cheese and whisk until you have a smooth mixture. Add Italian Seasoning, salt, and paprika. Mix well. Taste the sauce and add more seasoning if desired.
- PUTTING THE DISH TOGETHER: Add cooked pasta to the skillet with the sauce and mix it into the sauce with a wooden spoon. While pasta is absorbing the sauce, slice cooked chicken breasts. Add sliced chicken to the pan and cover with a lid to reheat them. You can serve sliced chicken either mixed in with pasta or on top of pasta and don’t forget to sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.