Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake is deliciously easy cookies and cream dessert! Creamy and sweet, it’s perfect for both kids and adults! Those crushed Oreos just melt in your mouth combined with amazing vanilla flavored cheesecake.
Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake recipe is simple!
After I made Instant Pot Apple Cake and No Bake Oreo Dessert , I knew that the Instant Pot Cheesecake recipe was on my horizon! Because I didn’t want any fresh fruit or mixed berries on my delicious cheesecake, I chose crushed Oreos instead. What I want the most in a perfect cheesecake is no cracks. And I want this cheesecake to be moist and creamy.
CRUST. The crust is made by crushing Oreos to fine crumb with a help of a food processor.
FILLING. The cheesecake filling is made using hand held mixer. It combines cream cheese, eggs, corn starch, vanilla and Oreo chunks.
What type of cake pan to use
There are two cake pan options for both 6 quart and 8 quart Instant Pots.
Both are tall enough at 3 inches high for this Instant Pot Cheesecake and will work great in this recipe! I used a spring form pan myself.
Now let’s dig into how to actually make this Instant Pot Cheesecake!
Prepare cake pan
First things first, you will line the cake pan with a parchment paper. Make sure to do italong the sides ONLY! This will make it easier to release the Oreo cheesecake from the pan.
Prepare Oreo Crust
You will crush Oreo cookies in food processor until you achieve a fine crumb. You can also review these 3 ways to crush Oreos here. Perfect for Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake!Now you will transfer the crumbs into a bowl and add melted butter.Using your fingers, press Oreo crumbs/butter mixture to the bottom of your cake pan. Gently.
Now place the pan with Oreo crust in freezer for 10-15 minutes. This will help solidify the crust for Instant Pot Cheesecake.
Chop the Oreos for the cheesecake
Chop Oreos with a large knife. These Oreo chunks will go inside the cheesecake.Set these chopped Oreos aside.
Now onto Oreo cheesecake itself!
In the large bowl, you will beat the cream cheese with sour cream, vanilla and sugar until smooth. Add corn starch. Next add eggs and beat for another minute or two.The resulting Instant Pot Cheesecake mixture will be nice and smooth.Add these Oreos to the prepared cheesecake mixture.
Mix them in really well. Now pour the cheesecake mixture into the prepared cake pan.Add water to the pressure cooker. Cover the Instant Pot Cheesecake pan with foil and place it on top of the trivet. You will close and lock the lid next. Now pressure cook according to the recipe instructions in the recipe card below.
When Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake is ready, remove the cake from the Instant Pot. Next remove foil from the cake. Let the cake cool in the cake pan for about 30 minutes. Then transfer to the fridge and refrigerate for at least 6 hours (but preferably overnight).
Add more chopped Oreos on top of the Instant Pot Cheesecake for decoration!
Chill Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake
Make sure to chill the Instant Pot Cheesecakefor at least 8 hours in the refrigerator.
For more amazing Instant Pot recipes, don’t forget about Instant Pot Apple Cinnamon Cake, and Instant Pot Spaghetti. By the way, I love some Instant Pot Cheesecake after enjoying my Instant Pot Chicken and Rice.
Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake
- 10 Oreo cookies, (crushed into crumbs with the food processor)
- 3 tablespoons butter, (melted)
FOR THE CHEESECAKE
- 16 ounces cream cheese, (2 packages at room temperature)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 8+5 Oreo cookies, (chopped: 8 for the filling and 5 for the topping)
- 1.5 cups water
- Line the sides of 7-inch springform pan with parchment paper (this will help to keep the sides smooth).
- In a small bowl, stir together crushed Oreo cookies and melted butter and press the crumbs into the bottom of the prepared pan with your fingers.
- Place the pan with Oreo crust in freezer for 10-15 minutes. This will help solidify the crust.
- Coarsely chop 8 Oreo cookies for the cheesecake itself and 5 for the topping. Set them aside separately.
- In the large bowl, beat the cream cheese with sour cream, vanilla and sugar until smooth. Add corn starch. Next add eggs, making sure to scrape down the bowl in between each egg. Fold in 8 chopped Oreo cookies.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and cover with foil.
- Pour 1.5 cups of water into the Instant Pot and place the trivet in the bottom of the pot. Hit Sauté and bring water to a boil.
- Place the cheesecake pan on the trivet inside instant pot.
- Lock the lid into place and make sure the vent is closed "sealing". Press the "Pressure Cook" (or "Manual" on some models) button and cook on high pressure for 30 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot beeps, hit the "Keep Warm/Cancel" button to turn off the pressure cooker. Allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes and then do a quick release to release any pressure remaining in the pot.
- Remove the cheesecake from the pot to a cooling rack. Allow it to cool to room temperature for 30 minutes and top with remaining chopped Oreos.
- Once the cheesecake has cooled, refrigerate it for at least 6 hours, or preferably overnight.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only. This information comes from online calculators. Although whatsinthepan.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
Not sure what happened but mine is fluffy and chewy, not thick and creamy like cheesecake. I’ve never added corn starch to cheesecake before.
Andrea Russell says
Can you use Neufchâtel cream cheese in this recipe?
Unfortunately not. It’s too moist.