Avalanche Cookies are Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats. The are easy no bake snacks for kids! As well as for us, the adults. Smooth and creamy white chocolate coats marshmallows and Rice Krispies! And you will find the white chocolate peanut butter combo irresistible. Perfect gluten free dessert!
Best of all, these no bake avalanche cookies take just minutes to make. Without turning your oven on. Have you been to Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory? If not, they sell similar avalanche treats packed with marshmallows and rice krispies. These avalanche cookies are such a fun treat for kids! Although they are so decadent and something I’d be happy to eat as an adult. I love a good peanut butter dessert like these clusters and my peanut butter blondies.
Let’s begin! Even though you won’t be needing an oven, you will need a microwave. And also a couple of bowls. And even if peanut butter isn’t your thing, you can definitely handle these! Only four ingredients total in this recipe: Rice Krispies, white chocolate baking chips, miniature marshmallows and peanut butter! We’ve made this The Best Ever Rice Krispie Treat Recipe many times over the last couple of months. You will love the crunch of the Rice Krispies with the combination of creamy white chocolate and smooth peanut butter!
HOW TO MAKE Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats:
- First things first, start by lining two baking sheets with parchment paper. We will use them to cool the clusters in the fridge.
- Next, add Rice Krispies and marshmallows to a medium size bowl.
- Then you will add white chocolate baking chips to a microwave safe bowl. By the way, I used a glass bow. And you will need a large one.
- To melt the chocolate, simply do it in the microwave. So easy! You will heat it on medium high for 20 seconds to start with. Then you will remove it from the microwave and stir. You will repeat heating at shorter intervals, 15 to 20 seconds, while stirring in between. Once you melt the chocolate completely, remove from microwave and stir again.
- After you stirred your chocolate, stir in the peanut butter.
- You will add Krispies and marshmallows to the bowl with white chocolate/peanut butter mixture.
- Next drop the mixture by spoonfuls onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Once you arranged them, it’s time to transfer them to the refrigerator. Allow them to cool completely for about 30 minutes.
- Then store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
How to do it in pictures
I took pictures of the entire process to make it easier to follow. Let’s start by placing the chocolate chips into the microwave safe bowl. I recommend a large bowl. You will find it so much easier to work with!After you melt white chocolate in the microwave, you will add peanut butter. So yummy!Then you will add Rice Krispies and marshmallows.You will mix them well with a spatula. Very easy.Lastly, you will arrange them on the baking sheet. And place it in the fridge for 20 minutes. No bake avalanche cookies are so simple to make!We just love these Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats. They are easy to make and super delicious! No wonder that they are always the first dessert to disappear from a holiday dessert table. Try them.
Avalanche Cookies - Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- 2.5 cups Crispy Rice cereal
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 11 oz. white chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli Premium Baking Chips, Classic White Chocolate)
- Add cereal and marshmallows to a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Add white chocolate chips to a large glass bowl. Or any other dish that is microwave safe. Melt white chocolate in a microwave. I do it in 20 second increments and stir in between.
- After your chocolate is melted, stir in the peanut butter.
- Now add the cereal/marshmallow mixture to the bowl with melted chocolate/peanut butter and stir until completely coated.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set them aside.
- Using a tablespoon, drop small clusters onto the lined sheets.
- Place in refrigerators until chocolate is set.