Easy peanut butter blondies are made with the most basic ingredients: butter, brown sugar, flour and of course, peanut butter. But the result is the most amazing moist, fudgy and chewy bars that you can snack on all day. You can store them in refrigerator up to 7 days or in the freezer for up to 90 days.
I added sea salt here because salt enhances and even intensifies the taste of peanut butter and brown sugar. It’s definitely a must. I encourage you to use sea salt – it has more flavor, or at least tastes a lot saltier. If adding table salt, add a bit more than specified ¼ teaspoon of sea salt.
And because we want these peanut butter blondies to be fudgy and thick, no baking soda is added here. The absence of baking soda is also the reason why they are not tall.
If you are a peanut butter lover – these are super easy to make and they store great! Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for one week. Or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
No mixer is required. All you need is the bowl and a fork to mix everything in.
Easy Peanut Butter Blondies
- 1 stick butter, unsalted, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease 9×9 baking dish. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the melted butter and light brown sugar. Mix until well incorporated. Add in the egg, salt and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add the peanut butter and make sure all of the wet ingredients are thoroughly mixed. Add in flour. The mixture should be thick.
- Spread the blondie mixture the baking dish and spread out evenly with a plastic spatula or fingers:).
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only. This information comes from online calculators. Although whatsinthepan.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
These look interesting. I’m going to try these for my cookie exchange at work this year.