The easiest and smartest way to cook bacon slices is in the oven: baked bacon is crispy, less messy and easier to get rid of the bacon fat! Perfect bacon in 15 minutes!
How do I bake bacon in the oven?
- First things first, preheat oven to 375 F.
- Next, you will need to prepare a large baking sheet and line it with parchment paper or foil.
- Now lay bacon strips in a single layer on the baking sheet, but do not let the bacon strips overlap or they will stick together.
- Lastly, bake your bacon for 15 minutes, until crispy perfection and drain!
- To drain bacon fat, remove bacon strips from the baking sheet and tilt it to allow bacon fat to drain either into a garbage can or a storage container.
How long do you cook bacon in the oven?
I bake it for 15 minutes at 375°, until the bacon is crispy. Some cooks bake it at 400 F and I’ve done that too. However at 400 F, you want to check on your bacon at 10 minutes in order to avoid burning it in its own fat! Your bacon is also much more likely to produce a splatter inside your oven when cooking it at temperatures higher than 375 F.
Can you cook it at a lower temperature? Yes! I cooked the bacon at 350F and it was crispy at this temperature as well, but it took longer to cook: 20-25 minutes at 350.
WHAT TO DO WITH BACON GREASE?
Even though some cooks save their bacon grease, I’ve never done so because the bacon drippings can go rancid and that’s not something I am willing to risk.
How to store baked bacon
- Cool it off on a plate.
- You can also place cooled bacon in a resealable plastic bag.
- Once you cooled it off, store it for up to one week in the refrigerator.
- To reheat refrigerate bacon, microwave it or add it to a hot pan to crisp.
Delicious Bacon Recipes:
Easiest way to bake bacon in the oven
- 8 strips bacon
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Lay bacon in a single layer onto baking sheet, making sure not to overlap.
- Bake until crispy, 15 to 25 minutes
- Drain on a paper towel-lined plate and serve.