The easiest and smartest way to cook bacon slices is in the oven: baked bacon is crispy, less messy and easier to get rid of the bacon fat!
How do I bake bacon in the oven?
- Use a baking sheet
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Lay bacon strips in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Do not let the bacon strips overlap or they will stick together.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until crispy
How long do you cook bacon in the oven?
Bake for 15 minutes at 375°, until the bacon is crispy. Some cooks bake it at 400 F and I’ve done that too. At 400 F, you want to check on your bacon at 10 minutes in order to avoid burning it in its own fat!
To drain bacon fat, remove bacon strips from the baking sheet and tilt it to allow bacon fat to drain either into a garbage can or a storage container.
How to store baked bacon
- Cool it off on a plate
- Place cooled bacon in a resealable plastic bag
- Store for up to one week in the refrigerator
- To reheat refrigerate bacon, microwave it or add it to a hot pan to crisp
Delicious Bacon Recipes:
No mess, crispy bacon is 15 minutes away!
- 8 strips bacon
Preheat oven to 375°
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Lay bacon in a single layer onto baking sheet, making sure not to overlap.
Bake until crispy, 15 to 25 minutes
Drain on a paper towel-lined plate and serve.