This rich and decadent vegan chocolate frosting is shockingly delicious! It’s sweet, creamy and easy to whip up! Every time I make it, people always ask for the recipe!
The ultimate vegan chocolate frosting
This is quite possibly the best vegan chocolate frosting you will ever make, even if you aren’t a vegan.
The first time I made the recipe was for a regular non-vegan chocolate cake, where I did not want to use any dairy or too much sugar. I wanted good fats from coconut cream as well as some nut butters incorporated in my vegan chocolate frosting recipe. It worked! No dairy, very little sugar – it’s almost too good to be true!
This exceptionally bold vegan chocolate frosting recipe—without any dairy, yet spreadable texture and intense chocolatey flavor—will change everything you thought you knew about dairy free chocolate frosting.
Easy Vegan Chocolate Frosting
The simple vegan chocolate frosting recipe can absolutely hold its own against any regular chocolate frosting. I am amazed at how delicious this frosting is. So good and tastes so much better than store bought. And trust me, I’ve made plenty of homemade chocolate frosting in my life!
It’s naturally gluten free, dairy free, oil free, and vegan… and I’ve served it to enough people by now who aren’t on any kind of special diet that I can confidently say: even if you’re used to traditional sugary chocolate frostings, you will fall completely in love with this delicious vegan frosting. Just try it and see.
Vegan Chocolate Frosting Basics
This Chocolate Frosting recipe is made with coconut cream, almond milk that is whipped together with powdered sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla and cashew butter. It has a smooth and silky texture, without using any butter! Naturally gluten-free!
- If you’re going to pipe this recipe, you’ll want it more stiff so it holds its shape – add more cashew butter.
- If you’re goal is to frost a cake, you’ll want it slightly thinner and more easily spreadable – just use the recipe as is!
How to make frosting
Believe me, this is one of the easiest recipes you can make. You can do it with your eyes closed! Just get the ingredients and start whipping!
- Combine coconut cream, almond milk, vanilla and salt in large bowl using a whisk.
- Using electric mixer, add cocoa powder and powdered sugar.
- Slowly add cashew butter until frosting reaches desired consistency. Cashew butter has a neutral taste and will thicken your frosting magically!
- Scrape sides and whip again until light, fluffy and smooth
How to store vegan chocolate frosting
Only in the refrigerator! This vegan chocolate frosting will last for one week in the fridge as long as its in an airtight container. If you plan on using it to frost a cake, you’ll want to bring it to room temperature for 1 hour first and then whip it a bit to get it light and fluffy again before using.
Because it’s free of additives, any processed ingredients, or trans fats, it’s best to use it up as soon as you make it!
So, there you have the easiest, tastiest vegan chocolate frosting recipe! Hope you find it super delicious and absolutely love it!
Vegan Chocolate Frosting
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder sifted
- 1 cup powdered sugar sifted
- 1/3 cup cashew butter
- Add coconut cream, almond milk, sea salt and vanilla into a medium bowl. Combine with a whisk.
- Add cocoa powder by sifting it and whip it using electric mixer until smooth. Next stir in powdered sugar by sifting it into the mixture, using electric mixer again. At this point the mixture will still be liquidy. This is when you will need to add cashew butter to thicken the frosting.
- Add cashew butter and mix it in well by using electric mixer. Add more for thicker frosting (if needed to frost the cupcakes).
- This recipe frosts one 9 or 8 inch cake or 12 cupcakes. In order to frost a double layered 9 inch cake, simply make two batches of this recipe, or double the recipe!