Asiago Cheese Chicken, Ham and Potato Casserole is delicious and very easy to make dish. It’s also quite cheesy. Asiago cheesy. You will need to restrain yourself from finishing the entire casserole before sharing it with family and friends.
Why make Asiago Cheese Chicken, Ham and Potato Casserole?
- You will love juicy and mouthwatering ham, baked with butter and cheese.
- Thinly sliced potatoes are buttery an soft!
- Chicken tastes beautifully alongside potatoes and ham in this casserole
- The casserole in its entirety is so out of this world delicious and flavorful!
Why use Asiago cheese in the casserole?
Asiago cheese is that one special cheese that has the power to make any dish taste good. It’s smooth in texture and sharp in flavor. It complements the buttery potatoes and chicken and creates a nice contrast to ham.
This chicken, ham and potato casserole will make your holiday dinner unforgettable.
How large should a casserole be?
This recipe uses a large casserole, like the one in the picture below. Mine is the elongated type of the most common large casserole sized 9×13.
Step by Step Photo Instructions
First, lay out the sliced potatoes and generously cover them up with salt and pepper!
Then, add the chicken cubes on top of the potato layer. Again, salt and pepper liberally!
Third, add ham slices. It’s ham. Salty kind. No salt needed here.
Now, it’s butter and Asiago cheese time!
Finally, pour the heavy cream and sprinkle with scallions. Voilà! All the work by now is done.
The final step is to put this Asiago Cheese Ham, Chicken and Potato Casserole in the oven for an hour and enjoy a TV show or a book! Or look up a new recipe on this blog, such as:
- Cheesy Broccoli and Mushroom Casserole with Rice
- Brussels sprouts and Bacon Gratin with Gruyere Cheese
- Buttery Mashed Potato Pie with Herb and Garlic Cream Cheese
Asiago Cheese Ham, Chicken and Potato Casserole
For the casserole:
- 4 large Yukon Gold potatoes (yellow, peeled and cut into thin slices)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into cubes)
- 4 slices of ham (cut into squares)
For the buttery Asiago Cheese sauce:
- ¼ cup butter (equals to ½ stick or 4 tablespoons)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded Asiago cheese (can use Cheddar too)
- 4 stalk scallions (green part cut into small circles)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread the potatoes in a large (about 9 x 13 inches) casserole, sprinkle this first layer abundantly with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken on top of the potatoes, also in one single layer. Salt and pepper the chicken layer as well.
- Now evenly spread butter pieces, ham and cheese across the entire surface. Sprinkle with scallions.
- Pour the heavy cream over top of casserole. Salt and pepper this layer.
- Cover the casserole with aluminum foil, place it in the oven (on the second shelf from the bottom) and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover the pan and bake for another 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only. This information comes from online calculators. Although whatsinthepan.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.