Chicken with Garlic Parmesan Rice is the perfect dish for easy weeknight dinners. This quick chicken and rice recipe is not only tasty but it uses ingredients you likely have on hand!
Chicken and rice recipes are one of my all time favorite foods and the thing I search out the most on restaurant menus. But when I’m home I make it from scratch because the recipe is so easy! Chicken and rice is a terrific way to stretch your meal budget. For a family of four or five, you can get by with just a pound, or a pound and a half of chicken and several cups of rice. You can also use this as a meal prep by dividing the entire meal into four equal portions and storing them in ziplock bags frozen or refrigerated.
How to Make Chicken with Garlic Parmesan Rice
Garlic parmesan rice with chicken is super simple, especially if you prepare all your ingredients in advance. It’s are literally as easy as 1,2,3!!
Make saucy rice by preparing flavor rich saucy rice liquid first:
Cook rice in the amazing sauce:
- Cook Chicken: Season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook over medium-high heat (I cook about 5 minutes per side until nicely browned). I like to use a lean chicken tenderloins or chicken tenders. You can also use skinless and boneless chicken thighs here. Remove and set aside
- Make Saucy Rice: Add garlic, wine, chicken broth and RICE to the pan. Wine and garlic will flavor and coat every morsel of rice as they slowly cook together.
- Add Parmesan: Parmesan should go once the rice is ready and after you add the chicken back to the pan.
Chicken with Garlic Parmesan Rice
- 1 lb. chicken tenders
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoons salt divided
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups white rice (uncooked)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (grated or shredded)
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Season chicken with salt and pepper and garlic powder. Sauté chicken tenders until nicely browned and just cooked through. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add butter, garlic, pepper flakes and 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the empty skillet and sauté garlic for a couple of minutes on medium heat.
- Turn heat to medium high and add white wine. Cook and stir for about 5 minutes. Remove and set aside 3 tablespoons of pan sauce to use later.
- Add uncooked rice to skillet with remaining butter sauce. Stir well - make sure it's completely covered. Add chicken broth and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Bring mixture to a low boil then reduce heat to medium-low, cover pan and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir several times while it's cooking
- Sprinkle parmesan over rice then arrange chicken tenders in skillet over rice. Cover, remove from heat then let stand for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle reserved 2 tablespoons of pan sauce over chicken tenders when serving and garnish with parsley.