Baked Chili Hot Dogs are a fun and tasty chili dog recipe for game day or an easy weeknight dinner! Hot dogs baked with chili and Cheddar cheese inside pizza dough!
It’s safe to say we love any recipes that have pizza dough, hot dogs and chili in them! I like to make these type of meals for a game day crowd or for kids. And then you can use leftovers to pack some lunch for the next day! They’re easy and true family favorites. You can use any kind of hot dogs for this recipe, whatever your favorite is!
How to make chili hot dogs
You will bake them in the oven. But before you do it, let’s see how easy it is. First you will roll out your pizza dough out of the can and cut it lengthwise into four equal parts.
Next, you will cut your cheddar cheese sticks in half. We need them smaller and thinner to fit into the pizza dough. Now roll two of the cheese sticks plus a hot dog inside the pizza dough.
Repeat four times.
PRE-HEAT THE CANNED CHILI!
Once those rolled hot dogs are wrapped and ready, it’s time to heat up canned chili! That chili MUST be hot before anything even goes into the oven!
How to preheat your canned chili
- Pour your canned chili into a small saucepan and bring it to a boiling point.
- Now pour this hot chili into the prepared 11×7 baking dish.
- Next, place hot dogs on top of the hot chili. Once again, make sure that your chili is hot! Otherwise, your wrapped hotdogs and pizza dough won’t cook through properly!
Once your hot dogs are out of the oven, you will top them with garlic butter! You can use garlic powder or fresh garlic, or even olive oil is great! I also like to top these with cream cheese, goat cheese and shredded cheddar cheese. You can also top with things like guacamole, hummus or pesto for an even more loaded baked chili dog! Note that these are best served immediately so that the pizza dough doesn’t become soggy.
More recipes for you to try
Baked Chili Hot Dogs
- 14 oz. chili, (1 can, opened and heated)
- 1 can Pillsbury™ refrigerated classic pizza crust
- 4 Cheddar cheese sticks
- 4 all-beef hot dogs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon parsley flakes
- Heat oven to 375°F. Prepare either 9-inch square or 11×7-inch (2-quart) baking dish. Spray it with cooking spray. Set aside and start rolling the hotdogs with the cheese and the dough!
- Carefully unroll dough on the parchment paper and cut into 4 strips, lengthwise.
- Cut 1 cheese stick in half lengthwise and place 1 half on each side of a hot dog.
- Wrap pizza dough strip around cheese and hot dog, overlapping slightly in center. Repeat with remaining dough strips, cheese sticks and hot dogs. Set aside.
- IMPORTANT STEP: Pour chili into a small saucepan and bring it to a boiling point. Pour this hot chili into dish and spread evenly.
- Place wrapped hot dogs on top of hot chili. MAKE SURE that chili is hot!!!
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until dough is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in small microwavable cup, microwave butter on High for 20 seconds until melted. Stir in garlic powder and parsley.
- Remove baking dish from oven. Brush on top of each cheese dog with butter mixture. Serve immediately.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only. This information comes from online calculators. Although whatsinthepan.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.