These easy fluffy waffles from scratch are great for storing in the freezer and popping straight into the toaster oven. They are incredibly light, crispy and super easy to make. Enjoy them with fresh berries, whipped cream and maple syrup!
There is something very satisfying about making homemade waffles. Waffles are really easy to make and you can use same batter to make pancakes too.
And there are so many ways you can eat them!
How to enjoy your waffle
- Spread butter over top of the warm waffle so the it slowly melts, and then drizzle maple syrup on top until the syrup runs down the sides of the waffle.
- Spread a layer of sliced strawberries or sliced bananas on top of the waffle, and then cover the fruit with a generous dollop of whipped cream.
Make a savory waffle topping!
Waffles don’t have to be a breakfast dish, and you can eat them with savory toppings like cheese, meat, and vegetables.
- Dijon mustard and thinly sliced ham and turkey, or other deli meats
- Top it with a fried egg and some bacon
- Add savory sausage and cheddar cheese
Can I freeze homemade waffles?
These waffles are great for storing in the freezer and popping straight into the toaster oven when you need them! Freezing them is really easy:
- Cook the waffles and allow them to fully cool down on a wire rack
- Place the waffles on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Put the baking sheet into the freezer until the waffles are fully frozen, about 2 hours.
- Once the waffles are frozen, place them in a freezer-safe bag or container.
How do you reheat frozen waffles?
- Pop them into a toaster.
- Or, reheat them in the oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add waffles on the baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until they are heated through.
You might also like
- Peach and Blueberry Cream Cheese Tart
- Healthy Peach and Brown Sugar Cake
- And how about this amazingly easy to make No Bake Chocolate Pudding Cream Pie:
Easy Waffle from Scratch
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Dry Ingredients: Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder in a large mixing bowl and salt and whisk to combine.
- Wet Ingredients: In a separate bowl whisk the eggs and stir in the warm milk, melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until blended.
- Ladle the batter into the preheated waffle iron and cook until the waffles are golden brown and crisp. Serve immediately or lay on a cooling rack until cool.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only. This information comes from online calculators. Although whatsinthepan.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.