Healthy Peach and Brown Sugar Cake is made with Greek yogurt, wholewheat flour, brown sugar, lots of fresh peaches and vanilla. This amazing peach cake is full of fiber, vitamins, antioxidants and incredible flavor!
Why use wholewheat flour to make the peach cake
Whole wheat flour adds more nutrition, as well as nutty and simply tasty flavor. You can use either whole wheat flour or white whole wheat ﬂour – both aren’t bleached or reﬁned.
Whole wheat flour oﬀers all of the whole grain beneﬁts, such as its bran, germ, and endosperm. The bran is the fiber-rich outer layer that supplies B vitamins, iron, copper, zinc, magnesium, and antioxidants.
I find wholewheat flour to be an excellent ingredient to use in whole grain baking, aside from its health benefits.
What kind of pan to use for this peach cake
Use 9 inch springform pan so that you can easily release the cake when it’s done.
I also used brown sugar here instead of refined white sugar and 2% milk fat Greek yoghurt. You will enjoy this wholewheat flour peach cake with a hot cup of coffee or tea and not feel bad about actually having a cake!
If you like to snack during the day, this can be your perfect go to snack that has fruit, fiber and vitamins all in one tasty dessert!
You can refrigerate this cake for up to 1 week.
Step by Step Peach and Brown Sugar Cake Photo Instructions
The first step is to prepare batter by mixing dry ingredients of wholewheat flour, baking powder, baking soda into the liquid ingredients of eggs, greek yogurt (make sure to use 2% milk fat one), brown sugar and vanilla.
Very easy and straight forward ingredients! Now add batter to the bottom of 9 inch spring form pan:
The next step is my favorite – adding those pretty peaches on top. It’s very easy to do! Just make sure to slice peaches thinly – that’s all there is to it.
Then arrange the inner part of peaches.
Finally sprinkle with a bit of brown sugar.
And the peach cake is ready for the oven! Bake at 350, for 1 hour.
For more amazing, easy to make desserts that are full of fruit and nutrition, explore the following recipes:
- Instant Pot Apple Cinnamon Cake
- German Peach Kuchen Cake with Almond Streusel
- Peach and Blueberry Cream Cheese Tart
- Dairy Free Apple Cinnamon Cake
Healthy Peach and Brown Sugar Cake
- 2 large peaches, (sliced into wedges)
- 2 teaspoon powdered sugar, (for decoration)
- Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle. Grease the side and the bottom of the springform pan with butter or cooking spray.
- DRY INGREDIENTS: Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, together into a medium bowl.
- LIQUID INGREDIENTS: In a separate bowl, beat butter, sugar, and 2 eggs until very light in color and fluffy, 2-3 minutes on high speed. Add vanilla and Greek yogurt and continue beating until very creamy and light in color, for about 1 more minute.
- Keeping the mixer speed low, mix in the DRY INGREDIENTS into LIQUID INGREDIENTS until combined. Do not overmix.
- Transfer the cake batter to the springform pan. Top with sliced peaches. Sprinkle the fruit with 1 teaspoon granulated sugar.
- Bake until cake turns golden, and the tester comes out clean in the center, about 1 hour, depending on your oven.
- When the cake is done baking, let it cool (still in the baking pan) on a wire rack for 15 minutes. After cake has cooled for about 40 minutes, release the cake from the springform pan.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar on top.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only. This information comes from online calculators. Although whatsinthepan.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.