This Honey Mustard Brussels Sprout Salad with Cranberries, Apples and Pecans is a healthful and vibrant salad for this time of year! But the best part is the incredible homemade dressing made with honey, Dijon mustard and apple cider vinegar!
Why make honey mustard Brussels sprout salad
The flavor and texture combination in this Brussels sprout salad recipe is amazing!
You will love the crispiness of the Brussels sprouts, the sweetness of fresh apples, the tart taste of dried cranberries and the crunchiness of pecans. Honey Mustard Brussels Sprout Salad is so delicious with slightly sweet dressing made with Dijon mustard, honey and apple cider vinegar.
This is the second time in less than 2 weeks that I’ve made a salad out of Brussels Sprouts and Honey Dijon Dressing. The first one – Brussels Sprout Cranberries Salad with Honey Dijon Vinaigrette, was made with red wine vinegar and turned out to be so amazing that everyone in my family raved to make another one.
This time, I added apples and a bit of red onion and I used a different vinegar here – Apple Cider Vinegar. And I just love everything about this salad – crunchy pecans, crisp apples, sweetened cranberries and of course, Parmesan! All of these wonderful ingredients make one incredible mouthwatering salad!
Health Benefits of Honey Dijon Brussels Sprout Salad
This salad is as colorful as it is healthy. With 80% of your daily requirement for vitamin C, good amount of vitamin A and calcium, this is a powerhouse of vitamins and nutrients.
Cranberries are a great source of iodine, an essential nutrient for your thyroid health.
And don’t forget about all the fiber from Brussels sprouts, cranberries and apples. So healthy!
Honey Dijon Dressing, made with apple cider vinegar makes this Honey Mustard Brussels Sprout salad just that much better. An amazingly delicious dressing!
And I bet this delicious dressing will make another appearance on this site in the future with another salad.
How to make Honey Dijon Dressing
This amazing honey mustard dressing uses equal amounts of honey, Dijon mustard and apple cider vinegar – 2 tablespoons of each of these ingredients and ⅓ cup of olive oil.
Onion and garlic powder offset the sweetness of honey but do not overwhelm the overall taste. I also use salt here to balance out sweetness of honey and the zest of honey mustard.
Recipes to pair up with Brussels Sprout Salad
The recipes below are loaded with flavor and good ingredients, such as green beans, kale, cabbage and even more (!) cranberries:
More delicious Brussels sprouts recipes:
Honey Mustard Brussels Sprout Salad with Cranberries, Apples and Pecans
- 1 lb. Brussels Sprouts
- ½ cup cranberries, dried, chopped
- ½ cup pecans, broken into pieces
- 1 apple, such as Fuji, cored and thinly sliced
- ⅓ red onion, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese
- Brussels Sprout Preparation: Cut off the ends of the sprouts and any browning outer leaves. Shred them in a food processor using the slicing blade or slice them as thinly as possible using a sharp knife. Set aside in a large mixing bowl.
- Honey Mustard Dressing: In a small bowl, first combine the vinegar and mustard, season with salt and pepper and add garlic and onion powder. Then slowly drizzle in the olive oil while whisking the ingredients together. Now whisk in honey.
- Adding it all together: Add cranberries, apples, pecans and red onion to the bowl with shredded Brussels sprouts. Add the Honey Mustard dressing Vinaigrette from step 2 and mix well. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only. This information comes from online calculators. Although whatsinthepan.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.