No Bake Black Forest Oreo Cheesecake consists of crushed Oreos as the crust and the layers of cream cheese, whipped cream and chocolate. It’s topped with delicious cherry jam and even more Oreos! This is a no bake Oreo version of the famous German Schwarzwälder kirschtorte.
Black Forest Cake is Schwarzwälderkirschtorte in German, which means Black Forest Cherry Torte or Gateau. The cake consists of multiple layers of chocolate sponge cake, cherries, and whipped cream.
To make Black Forest Oreo Cheesecake Dessert with premade crust
This recipe uses actual Oreo cookies to make the bottom (or the crust) of the cheesecake, but this Oreo Cheesecake can also be made using premade Oreo pie crust such as this one. It can be found in any supermarket, I linked it here to Amazon only to show you what to look for once you get into the store.
Keep in mind that it’s 8 inches in diameter on the outer rim, but it’s only 7 inches in diameter on the bottom.
Because it’s a smaller dish than the ingredients listed in this recipe, you will need to reduce cream cheese to 1 package only, which is 8 oz., use only 1/2 cup of sour cream and use only 1 container of Cool Whip, which is also 8 oz. (basically make sure to half the amount required in this recipe). And you won’t have to use Oreos for the crust either!
However, if you like to make your own Oreo crust, the instructions are provided below.
No Bake Black Forest Oreo Cheesecake Step by Step
Prepare Oreo Crust
Skip this step if using Premade Oreo Pie Crust
1. Crush Oreos with a rolling pin or meat tenderizer and arrange them on the bottom of the baking dish. You an also process Oreos (including white part) very finely in the food processor and have a nice fine crumb instead of chunky crust.
2. Pour melted butter over crushed Oreos and mix well using your fingers.
3. Flatten the crust by using a bottom of the measuring cup.
Prepare Cream Filling
- Soften cream cheese by microwaving it for 20 seconds. I added mine to the large bowl where I mixed the rest of the mixture.
- Next add powdered sugar – use a small sifter/strainer to avoid clumps.
3. Add sour cream, cool whip and vanilla extract. Mix well with a spatula. Cream filling is done:
4. Divide this cream filling into 2 equal parts: one will form white cream cheese layer, the other – chocolate layer.
Make first layer – Cream Cheese filling
- Add one half of cream filling on top of crushed Oreos crust.
2. Spread it evenly using a spatula.
Make 2nd Layer – Chocolate Layer
- Using a small sifter/strainer, add cocoa powder to the 2nd half of cream filling and mix well with the whisk or a spatula.
2. Spread the chocolate filling on top of the 1st layer and even it out with a spatula
Make Cherry Jam Topping
Add the cherry jam on top of the second chocolate layer and spread it evenly using a spatula.
Refrigerate No Bake Black Forest Oreo Cheesecake
Refrigerate for at least 5 hours or overnight. Once thoroughly chilled, the cheesecake will become firm and easy to divide. If short on time, put it in a freezer for 1 hour.
It’s time to serve it and enjoy it! Once I cut it into individual slices, I always add extra Oreos on top of the cherry jam for decoration and the kids love those!
If you enjoy Oreo recipes, I have a couple more on this website – both have detailed and easy to follow instructions and step by step photos: Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookie and No Bake Oreo Dessert with Cream Cheese, Cool Whip and Chocolate Pudding
No Bake Black Forest Oreo Cheesecake is made with crushed Oreos for the crust and the layers of cream cheese, whipped cream and chocolate. It's topped with delicious cherry jam and even more Oreos! This is a no bake Oreo version of the famous German Schwarzwälder kirschtorte.
- 20 Oreos crushed
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 packages cream cheese (8 oz each)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup sour cream (or full fat yogurt, or greek yoghurt)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 containers Cool Whip (8 oz. each)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup cherry jam
Pour melted butter over crushed Oreos and press it with the Oreos using your fingers or a spatula. Flatten the crust by pressing with the bottom of a measuring cup.
Add cream cheese to the microwave safe mixing bowl and soften both packages of cream cheese by microwaving it for 20 seconds.
Add powdered sugar to a mixing bowl with cream cheese - use a small sifter/strainer to avoid clumps. Whisk cream cheese and powdered sugar together until smooth and combined.
To the mixing bowl with cream cheese, add in sour cream and vanilla extract. Mix together with a spatula until combined.
Now fold in 2 containers of Cool Whip using a spatula. Mix together until smooth.
Divide prepared filling into two parts, somewhat equal to each other. One half will be used as a first white layer, the other - as a second chocolate layer.
Using a spatula, add half of Cream Cheese/Sour Cream/Cool Whip filling on top of the prepared Oreo crust and even it out with a spatula.
Add cocoa powder to the remaining cream filling by using a small sifter/strainer to avoid clumps. Mix well with the spatula until combined. Spread it evenly over the first layer.
Add cherry jam on top of the second layer by spreading it evenly over the top chocolate layer with a spatula.
Refrigerate for at least 4-5 hours in order for the layers to set and become firm. You can also put it in a freezer for an hour if short on time.
Divide and serve each slice with some crushed Oreos on top.
Crush Oreos with a rolling pin or meat tenderizer and arrange them on the bottom of the baking dish. You an also process Oreos (including white part) very finely in the food processor and have a nice fine crumb instead of chunky crust.
But wait, there are even more delicious no bake desserts waiting for you!