No Bake Strawberry Cream Icebox Cake with Graham Crackers is prepared in just 30 minutes with no oven time involved. With layers of whipped cream, Graham Crackers and berries, this summer cake is bursting with strawberry and blueberry flavors! This red white and blue cake can be made ahead: freeze it or refrigerate it!
Why make this Strawberry Cream Icebox Cake?
- This no bake strawberry and blueberry icebox cake is light, bright and utterly delicious! With layer upon layer of amazing flavors and no oven time involved, this is your go to cake recipe this summer!
- It’s loaded with Vitamin C thanks to 2 pounds of strawberries here. Each serving of this Icebox Cake provides 70% of your daily Vitamin C intake requirement!
- With red white and blue colors, this is a wonderful patriotic treat for your 4th of July celebration!
- No oven time is required, which makes it perfect for the warm months!
- It will look like you spent hours making it, with lots of hard work, yet it’s super simple to make. It reminds me of the grandiose Napoleon cake, only with no hard work involved.
How to make icebox cake with graham crackers, berries and whipped cream
- The strawberry cream cake is made using four layers of graham crackers with 6 graham crackers in each layer
- Fresh whipped cream, strawberries and blueberries are layered in between graham cracker layers and then the cake is topped with even more cream, strawberries and blueberries
- Strawberries are thinly sliced to allow even layers, but blueberries are used whole.
- This icebox cake needs to be thoroughly chilled – just pop it in the freezer or refrigerator and it’s ready to go!
What you will need to make this Red White and Blue IceBox Cake
- Wooden cutting board used for cutting bread or small cookie sheet, measuring at least 7×10 inches (the dimensions of the cake)
- Hand mixer or stand mixer
- Mixing bowl, if using a hand mixer
- 1 box of Graham Crackers
- Heavy whipping cream or Cool Whip
- Vanilla Extract and Powdered Sugar
- Strawberries and blueberries
Which Graham Crackers to use
Honey Maid Graham Crackers. They are made with real honey and contain no high-fructose corn syrup, saturated fat, or cholesterol.
Each piece is a rectangular piece composed of 2 squares – do not split them. In this recipe we are using these rectangular pieces to form the cake.
Icebox Cake measurements and what to make it in
The cake measures 6.5 inches wide and 10 inches long. You will need a pan, cookie sheet or a cutting board that will fit that size.
I found that using my bread cutting board or any other flat surface is the best choice as I could build the layers easily and see the icebox cake from all angles. It was easy to store right on the board and easy to serve!
To make No Bake Strawberry Dessert Gluten Free
Use Kinnikinnick S’moreables Graham Style Crackers. They are gluten free and come in 8 oz. box each. You will need 2 boxes to make this icebox cake and will have some leftover crackers to enjoy after you’re done.
Step by Step Photo Tutorial of Strawberry Icebox Cake
Cut strawberries into thin slices. Set aside.
Whip heavy whipping cream in a bowl with a mixer until it holds soft peaks. Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract, and whip to combine until stiff peaks form. Do not over mix. Set aside.
To start assembling the cake, arrange first layer of 6 graham crackers by arranging them in rectangular shape as shown below.
Start spreading a thin layer of whipped cream on the bottom of each cracker and place them with the cream side down so that they don’t slide while making the cake.
Use 6 crackers for each layer to form rectangular shape like this:
Add a thin layer of whipped cream on top of the crackers and then sliced strawberries.
Next, add blueberries.
Cover the berries with a thin layer of whipped cream – this will ensure that the next layer of crackers will stay in place on top of this layer.
Add 2nd layer of 6 graham crackers (no need to add whipped cream to the bottom of the cracker now since we are placing them right on top of whipped cream).
Then another layer of whipped cream, a single layer of strawberries and blueberries and more whipped cream on top of the berries.
Add 3rd layer of 6 graham crackers, whipped cream, berries and more cream.
Finally add 4th layer of graham crackers.
Final Top Cream Layer. Spread the last of the whipped cream over the top.
Add remaining strawberries and blueberries.
Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight until the graham crackers have softened. You can also freeze it for one hour.
No Bake Strawberry Cream Icebox Cake with Graham Crackers is done!
No Bake Strawberry Cream Icebox Cake with Graham Crackers
- 1 box graham crackers, (14.4 oz. or 24 crackers)
- 2 lb. fresh strawberries, (thinly sliced)
- 1 pint blueberries, (whole)
For Whipped Cream
- 3 cups heavy cream
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cut strawberries into thin slices. Set aside.
- Whip heavy whipping cream in a bowl with a mixer until it holds soft peaks. Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract, and whip to combine until stiff peaks form. Do not over mix. Set aside.
- 1st Layer. To start assembling the cake, arrange 1st layer of 6 graham crackers by spreading a thin layer of whipped cream on the bottom of each cracker and place them with the cream side down so that they don't slide while making the cake.
- Lightly cover the top of the graham crackers with more whipped cream, and then a single layer of strawberries and blueberries. Spread a thin layer of whipped cream on top of the berries.
- Add 2nd layer of 6 graham crackers (no need to add whipped cream to the bottom of the cracker now - it's only done for the very first layer), whipped cream, berries and more cream.
- Add 3rd layer of 6 graham crackers, whipped cream, berries and more cream.
- Finally add 4th layer of graham crackers. Spread the last of the whipped cream over the top and flatten it slightly with a spatula. Add remaining strawberries and blueberries.
Refrigerate or freeze
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight until the graham crackers have softened.
- You can also freeze it for one hour.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only. This information comes from online calculators. Although whatsinthepan.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
But wait, there are even more delicious no bake desserts waiting for you!
and delicious No Bake Black Forrest Cheesecake