Shrimp Pasta in Garlic Basil Tomato Sauce dish seems so fancy and indulgent, yet it’s very simple to prepare: shrimp pasta tossed with garlic basil tomato sauce and Parmesan cheese! It also comes with the added bonus of making your house smell like a true Italian restaurant.
It’s incredibly flavorful and presents itself well: cook it for the family or for the company. Did I mention it takes about 30 minutes to make the entire thing?
Did you know that eating shrimp is great for your brain? Shrimp is abundant in Omega-3 and Omega-6 essential fatty acids that are essential for your brain and immune system.
I used cherry tomatoes in this Shrimp Pasta in Garlic Basil Tomato Sauce recipe, but you can definitely cut up some regular ones and they will work well as well.
Very easy recipe with great flavor! Shrimp and pasta make a perfect combination with the Garlic Basil Tomato Sauce.
And as a bonus you get so many nutrients from eating shrimp. Shrimp is abundant in selenium and iodine which are essential for thyroid health, it is also a good source of zinc, potassium, calcium, phosphorous and magnesium, which are essential for a healthy cardiovascular system and bone health.
This Shrimp Pasta in Garlic Basil Tomato Sauce quickly became one of the favorites in our house thanks to the dish’s simplicity and perfect balance of nutrients, calories and taste.
If you enjoy browsing tasty pasta dishes, you might want to take a look at these:
Pesto Shrimp Pasta in Mushroom Garlic Sauce
Creamy Pasta with Prosciutto, Zucchini and Grape Tomatoes
Chicken and Mushroom Pasta in Pesto Wine Sauce
And if you enjoy eating fresh seafood as much as we do, you might also like this Roasted Cajun Salmon.
This dish seems so fancy and indulgent, yet it’s very simple to prepare: shrimp pasta tossed with garlic basil tomato sauce and Parmesan cheese! It also comes with the added bonus of making your house smell like a true Italian restaurant.
- 1 lb. shrimp peeled
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 ounces Spaghetti pasta
- Salt and Pepper for seasoning
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 cups chicken broth unsalted
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp flour rice or wheat, to thicken the sauce
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- In a large skillet, add olive oil and heat it over medium high heat. When the pan is hot, add shrimp and garlic and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Cook about 2 minutes, turning shrimp over once, until just cooked through, and then transfer to a large plate.
Add the tomatoes and broth to the skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and slowly add flour (I used rice flour) to thicken the sauce. Add basil and salt.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook Spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- To add everything together, toss pasta well with the shrimp sauce, red pepper flakes and Parmesan or serve the sauce over top of pasta in a serving plate and sprinkle with Parmesan and red pepper on each individual plate.