Garlic Butter Spaghetti makes a great side dish to a lot of recipes, such as Chicken Marsala or Shrimp Scampi. It’s so flavorful when cooked with scallions, tomatoes and Italian seasoning and then generously coated in White Wine Parmesan Sauce! With only 25 minutes of total work, this creamy garlic spaghetti sauce is simple, fast and delicious!
Garlic Butter White Wine Pasta Ingredients
This garlic pasta recipe calls for 12 oz of spaghetti pasta, garlic, a couple of fresh tomatoes, scallions, Italian seasoning, Parmesan, wine, heavy cream and just a bit of crushed red pepper flakes.
How to boil spaghetti
Make sure to boil pasta Al Dente, when is neither too hard nor too soft since we will be reheating it in the sauce where it will have a chance to cook further, soften up and absorb all that great flavor.
How to make Creamy Garlic Spaghetti Sauce
- Simply add butter, diced yellow onion and 6 minced garlic cloves to pan and cook on medium high until onions and garlic are translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Next, add your chopped scallions and diced tomatoes and cook them until softened.
- Now add flour to pan and whisk to combine. Flour is used to thicken the sauce
- Add heavy cream, wine, Italian Seasoning, salt and red pepper flakes. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce heat to simmering point.
Reduce heat to low and add shredded Parmesan cheese. Use a whisk or mix with a wooden spoon until you have a smooth mixture. Add cooked pasta to the skillet and sprinkle with more red pepper flakes.
Important! Make sure to make the sauce first, as the recipe box indicates and only after that start boiling the pasta. Do not cook the pasta before you have the sauce ready. When freshly cooked and hot, pasta will be able to absorb the flavors of the sauce much better.
How much red pepper to add to Creamy Garlic Spaghetti
I strongly encourage to start with the indicated amount of 1/8 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (plus extra for garnish as shown in picture) for 12 oz of pasta.
This will definitely make it just spicy enough. But if you find that you want a little more heat, you can always adjust after tasting the sauce and before adding pasta.
Garlic Butter White Wine Pasta is perfect for seafood and chicken dishes!
Garlic Butter White Wine Pasta
Creamy Garlic Sauce:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 2 scallions (chopped)
- 2 tomatoes (small and diced)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup white wine
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (more for garnish)
- 12 oz spaghetti
- MAKING WHITE WINE PARMESAN SAUCE: Add butter, yellow onion and minced garlic to pan. Cook on medium high until onions and garlic are translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add chopped scallions and diced tomatoes. Add 1 tablespoon flour to pan and whisk to combine. Add heavy cream, wine, Italian Seasoning, salt and red pepper.
- Bring mixture to a simmering point and then add ½ cup of shredded Parmesan cheese. Use a whisk or a wooden spoon and mix it in until you have a smooth mixture. Remove from heat and set aside.
- COOKING PASTA: Cook 12 oz of spaghetti Al Dente, when it's neither too hard nor too soft (we will be reheating it in the sauce where it will have a chance to cook further, soften up and absorb all that great flavor). Drain, but do not rinse
- ADDING PASTA INTO SAUCE: Add freshly cooked hot pasta to the skillet with the sauce and stir to combine on low heat for 2-3 minutes. Taste and add salt, if needed. Serve with shredded Parmesan on top.
You might also like
Chicken Pasta with Bacon and Spinach in Creamy Tomato Sauce