Boston Baked Cod with Lemon and Wine is amazingly quick, light and flaky cod recipe! Lemon, white wine, herbs and a pinch of red pepper flakes come together to lend amazing flavor to this dish. Cod is crusted with breadcrumbs and baked until crispy!
Simply sauté some fresh onions in butter and olive oil. Add juice of a fresh lemon and a splash of dry white wine to the pan with onions.
Then prepare the crumb topping that consists of bread crumbs and fresh parsley.
Add fish on top of the onions and parsley and spread the topping evenly over the fish
Bake until a crispy finish at 400 F for 20 minutes!
Serve this flaky cod with roasted vegetables for a nourishing and healthy meal!
You might also enjoy these seafood recipes:
White wine, lemon and herbs come together to flavor this amazing cod recipe. The cod is baked in panko bread crumbs for a crispy finish!
- 1 lb cod fillets (scrod or haddock)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion (halved and sliced thin)
- 1 tablespoon butter (melted)
- 1 medium juicy lemon (divided)
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In an oven proof skillet (cast iron, dutch oven or stainless steel), saute the onion in olive oil until soft but not browned.
CRUMB TOPPING In a medium sized bowl, combine the panko crumbs with the parsley, melted butter, 2nd tablespoon of olive oil, and the juice of half the lemon.
- Once the onions are soft, add a pinch of red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
Add the juice of second half of the lemon and the white wine to the pan with onions and continue to cook for 1 minute.
Place the fish on top of the onions and season the fish with salt and pepper.
Add the crumb topping evenly over the fish and sprinkle with parsley.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until fish is cooked through and the crumbs are nicely browned.
- Cover with tinfoil half way through baking if the top is browning to fast.