Boston Baked Cod with Lemon and Wine is amazingly quick, crispy and flaky cod recipe! Easy to prepare and ready in less than 30 minutes in one pan. Perfect for quick weeknight dinners!
Delicious cod is crusted with breadcrumbs and baked until crispy! And I just love cooking white fish filets. It’s so easy to pack them with buttery flavor. I also used dry white wine, lemon, and herbs to make this simple dish. What can you say? Quick dinner in under 30 minutes. So perfect. And you can serve this flaky cod with a side of Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes or Spinach Salad. Healthy and easy!
How to bake Cod
- To begin with, simply sauté some fresh onions in butter and olive oil. Then add juice of a fresh lemon and a splash of dry white wine to the pan with onions.
- Now you will prepare the crumb topping for the cod filets. This breading mixture consists of bread crumbs and fresh parsley. Perfect for white fish! Whether deep fried or baked.
- You will add cod fillets on top of the onions and parsley and spread the topping evenly over the fish
- Bake until a crispy finish at 400 F. for 20 minutes!
- Serve this flaky cod with roasted vegetables for a nourishing and healthy meal!
And it’s just that easy to put a delicious Boston Baked Cod on a table! Whether it is Atlantic Ocean cod and Pacific Ocean cod. If you love simple seafood dishes you might enjoy Baked Salmon as well!
More seafood recipes to enjoy
Boston Baked Cod in Wine and Lemon Sauce
- 1 lb cod fillets (scrod or haddock)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion (halved and sliced thin)
- 1 tablespoon butter (melted)
- 1 medium juicy lemon (divided)
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In an oven proof skillet (cast iron, dutch oven or stainless steel), saute the onion in olive oil until soft but not browned.
- CRUMB TOPPING In a medium sized bowl, combine the panko crumbs with the parsley, melted butter, 2nd tablespoon of olive oil, and the juice of half the lemon.
- Once the onions are soft, add a pinch of red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Add the juice of second half of the lemon and the white wine to the pan with onions and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Place the fish on top of the onions and season the fish with salt and pepper.
- Add the crumb topping evenly over the fish and sprinkle with parsley.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until fish is cooked through and the crumbs are nicely browned.
- Cover with tinfoil half way through baking if the top is browning to fast.