Creamy Chicken Marsala recipe comes together super fast with only 30 minutes of total work and tons of flavor! Be prepared to enjoy unbelievably flavorful pan fried chicken, coated in garlic seasoning and delicious wine butter sauce made with Marsala wine in no time and with minimum effort!
Chicken Marsala without mushrooms
I make this Chicken Marsala at least once a month, and it is so delicious with pasta that I just had to share. Traditionally you will see chicken marshal recipe with mushrooms, but if you are anything like me and sometimes mushrooms and Marsala can be a little bit too familiar. So I decided to eat it without them and how delicious the sauce is! I can tell you for sure, mushrooms are not necessary in this particular recipe.
Which Marsala wine is best for Chicken Pasta?
Marsala is a brandy fortified wine with deep and buoyant flavor. When making savory dishes such as this chicken with pasta, dry Marsala wine works best.
But I also used dry Sherry as a good substitute for Marsala wine.
There is also sweet Marsala wine, but that one is usually used to make desserts, such as tiramisu.
PREPARE DREDGING MIXTURE FIRST
Very easy to do – simply mix the flour, salt, garlic powder and pepper in a shallow bowl.
HOW TO SEASON AND SEAR CHICKEN
Paper towel dry the chicken and generously dredge the chicken in the dredging mixture and then shake off excess.
Heat olive oil in a large 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Fry 2 of the chicken breasts until golden-brown on both sides (about 3 to 4 minutes per side). Transfer to warm plate, tent with foil and keep warm.
Check if chicken is still pink in the center. If it’s not done yet, reduce heat to medium, cover with a lid and cook covered until no longer pink in the center.
I knew it could not have been too be difficult to turn bland chicken into a super flavorful masterpiece!
HOW TO MAKE MARSALA WINE SAUCE FOR PASTA
In the same pan melt a tablespoon of butter. Add flour (and you can definitely use leftover flour from dredging the chicken) and cook flour until it’s no longer white, about 1-2 minutes.
Pour in the Marsala and the broth and simmer until well incorporated with the flour roux. Add garlic powder, salt and Italian seasoning.
Finally add heavy cream reheat. The sauce is ready for pasta!
Add cooked pasta into the sauce and make sure that it’s coated
Finally add cooked chicken! Super fast chicken spaghetti is ready to be served with the delicious Marsala wine sauce:
And if you enjoy tasty pasta dishes as much as we do, you might look into these:
- Chicken Spinach and Bacon Alfredo Pasta
- Seared Chicken in Chardonnay Parmesan Sauce
- Cheesecake Factory’s Pasta Da Vinci
Chicken Marsala Sans Mushrooms
- ½ cup all-purpose flour, (used for coating chicken and thickening the sauce)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, (halved to make 4 fillets)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- ¾ cup Marsala wine, (or dry Sherry)
- 1 cup sodium free chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt, (more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Mix the flour, salt, garlic powder and pepper in a shallow bowl. Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture and shake off excess.
- Heat olive oil in a large 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Fry 2 of the chicken breasts until golden-brown on both sides (about 3 to 4 minutes per side). Transfer to warm plate, tent with foil and keep warm.
- Repeat the same with the remaining 2 chicken breasts.
- Boil pasta in salty water, drain, but do not rinse. Set aside.
- In the same pan melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Add 1 tablespoon flour (you can use leftover flour from dredging the chicken) and cook flour until it's no longer white, about 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in the Marsala and the broth and simmer until well incorporated with the flour roux. Add garlic powder, salt and Italian seasoning.
- Pour in the cream, bring to simmering point. The sauce is ready for pasta!
- Add cooked pasta and make sure that pasta is coated in the sauce. Taste pasta and add more salt, if necessary.
- Add chicken to the skillet, on top of pasta. Cover with lid and reheat on low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only. This information comes from online calculators. Although whatsinthepan.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
When my picky eater eats it, it must be good. Tho, he didn’t have the chicken, he wanted mushrooms. The rest tho ate the chicken. ..😋
I don’t blame him:)
How much pasta should be used in this recipe?
8 or 10 ounces of pasta will be perfect
We made this last weekend and my husband said this was the best meal he’s ever had! than you !
This was absolutely delivious ! Our family lvoed it.
Will make it with fish next time.
We loved it!
Added mushrooms and more italian seasoning!
I love wine in pasta!