Achieve a consistent cream cheese texture by softening cream cheese in the microwave! Softening cream cheese is usually required when you need to mix it with other ingredients evenly and to prevent lumps from forming.
So soft and smooth!
I myself use cream cheese extensively in no bake desserts and achieving smooth layers is very desirable. By microwaving it for only 15 seconds, you have a beautifully soft cream cheese, ready to be mixed with the rest of the ingredients.
How to Soften Cream Cheese
- Take cream cheese out of its foil wrapping and set it on a microwave-safe bowl or plate.
- Microwave on HIGH power for about 15 to 20 seconds.
STEP 1. Unwrapped cream cheese is placed on the microwave safe plate:
STEP 2. Cream cheese block is microwaved for 15 to 20 seconds and is removed from the microwave.
Why soften Cream cheese
- Softened cream cheese is easier to spread and work with whether you are baking with it or mixing it.
- Softened cream cheese is easier to blend in when mixing with other ingredients, such as whipped cream, Cool Whip or pudding.
- Using softened cream cheese helps to avoid lumps, which can occur when cream cheese is cold in temperature.
Recipes that use cream cheese:
How to sweeten cream cheese
Sweeten the cream cheese by sifting powdered sugar into it. Make sure to use a sifter to avoid any clump and it’s easier to mix it that way.
The resulting texture is silky smooth and the cream cheese is ready to be used for a multitude of desserts, such as:
Easy microwave method to soften cream cheese.
- 8 oz. cream cheese
Take cream cheese out of its foil wrapping and set it on a microwave-safe bowl or plate.
Microwave on HIGH power for about 15 to 20 seconds.