Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Filling is a combination of two desserts: pumpkin bread and cheesecake! The pumpkin bread is lightly sweet with a moist and rich cream cheese filling inside.
This easy cream cheese pumpkin bread is one of those perfect dessert bread recipes. It’s light enough for an afternoon treat and perfectly sweet enough for a little something after a meal. Maybe after Thanksgiving or Christmas meal.
I can guarantee you this delicious bread will be gone within minutes! The pumpkin flavor is the main attraction, but if you ask me, the cream cheese is the MVP in this dessert recipe. You’ve got to try it!
What kind of loaf pan to use for cream cheese pumpkin bread
Prepare 9 Inch x 5 Inch Loaf Pan. Pumpkin bread batter is very liquidy which results in a soft and moist cake and having a large (and wide) loaf pan helps contain it very well.
What can I use for pumpkin bread spices
I used pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg and cinnamon. If you don’t like pumpkin spice, simply replace it with ground ginger.
What oil works well in making this cream cheese pumpkin bread
I used olive oil only because I think it’s healthier than many other oil options, but you can use any neutral flavor vegetable oil, such as safflower, canola, or corn oil to make this quick pumpkin bread. Readers were successful making the pumpkin bread with coconut oil as well.
How do I know if my pumpkin bread is done
The pumpkin bread shouldn’t be wobbly when it’s done and toothpick should come out dry despite the cream cheese filling.
Perfect Baking Time
Pumpkin bread baking times will vary based on moisture content of pumpkin, cream cheese, climate, and oven variances. I baked mine for 55 minutes – I live in the humid fall climate.
Just make sure to watch your pumpkin bread, not the clock.
How to store this quick bread
Let cool on a wire rack for at least 20 minutes before inverting to cool completely. Store in an air-tight container, or wrap in aluminum foil and refrigerate.
More pumpkin desserts to explore:
Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Filling
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (canned)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or ground ginger)
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 F Lightly grease 8.5 Inch x 4.5 Inch Loaf Pan
- LIQUID INGREDIENTS In a large bowl, add egg, pumpkin puree, sugar, olive oil, vanilla extract, cinnamon, ground nutmeg, pumpkin spice, and whisk to combine.
- DRY INGREDIENTS Add the flour, baking soda, sea salt, and fold with spatula or stir gently with a spoon until just combined; don’t overmix; set aside.
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING. In a medium mixing bowl, combine egg, sugar, cream cheese and flour. Whisk or beat until well blended and creamy. Set aside.
- ASSEMBLY. Spread half of the pumpkin bread batter as evenly into the prepared loaf pan, using back of the spoon to even it out. Spoon cream cheese mixture on top of pumpkin batter layer and even it out with the back of the spoon as well. Finally, spoon the remaining pumpkin batter evenly over the cream cheese layer in the pan.
- BAKE for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a loaf comes out clean and the bread is not wobbly.
- COOL bread in pan for 10 minutes; remove to a rack to cool completely. It's easier to slice the bread once it's cooled off or refrigerated.