Everyone needs an easy to make sausage and tortellini recipe cooked in one pot! Whether you use this for a quick midweek meal or a weekend indulgence, this creamy tortellini sauce is rich, thick and has beautiful depth of flavor. This is a family favorite pasta recipe you’ll make over and over again.
Ready in 15 minutes this is the perfect pasta for a simple weeknight dinner! I use plenty of vegetables – spinach, tomatoes, good quality protein – Italian sausage, and carbs – tortellini, to make this nutritious recipe a fun family affair! Yea! You came to the right place for creamy pasta dishes that are easy, filling and delicious. Be sure to glance over these pasta recipes: Creamy Chicken and Bacon Pasta, Italian Chicken Pasta and Vodka Sauce Pasta.
How do you cook Cheese Tortellini?
One skillet cooking can’t get much easier than this. You can boil tortellini like dried pasta, or you can simmer it with a sauce in a pan! Which is exactly what I did in this recipe. So easy! So the next time you’re worried about how to get a delicious meal on the table during a hectic dinner time, simply use cheese tortellini recipe! With spinach and sausage of course! Very few ingredients, very little time and dinner is ready almost instantly.
How to make creamy tortellini sauce
The sauce itself is really simple and flavorful, with the white wine, heavy cream and tomatoes, which is pretty perfect ingredient combination for a pasta recipe. While these basic ingredients are great, I also like to add spinach and plenty of seasoning to make tortellini sauce taste even better! It is easy to make and perfect with your favorite tortellini pasta!
- Add wine right after cooking your sausage to allow the alcohol to evaporate.
- Next, you will add in your heavy cream, broth, tomatoes and tortellini.
- I recommend to add ate least 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt as my recipe indicates. If you are using regular salt, add 1 teaspoon.
- Lastly, you will add your parmesan cheese right before serving tortellini.
If you love cooking with wine at home, you might also like this Chicken Pesto Pasta.
Sausage and Tortellini in Creamy White Wine Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup red onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 12 oz. tortellini fresh or frozen
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt and black pepper each (add more if desired)
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 1 tbsp Parsley (chopped)
- Heat oil in a large or deep skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic, cook for 5 minutes or until light and softened.
- Squeeze the sausage from the end of the link to remove it from its casing and add directly into the pan. Turn heat up to high cook, breaking it up as your go, until browned.
- Add white wine wine. Bring to simmer and cook for 1 minute, scraping the bottom of the pot, until the alcohol smell is gone.
- Next add broth, tomatoes, cream, and tortellini to the skillet. Stir to combine. Increase heat and bring to a boil.
- Cover, bring to a simmer so it bubbles gently. Cook for 15 minutes until tortellini are tender and heated through. Taste the sauce and add plenty of salt and pepper to taste.
- Add spinach and stir until softened and wilted.
- Serve with shredded Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.