These Oven Baked Chicken Tenders with Mayo take only 10 minutes of prep work and 30 minutes of oven time. And there you have an easy and healthy version of a typically unhealthy meal. After all, baked chicken tender recipe (or you may call it baked chicken nuggets recipe) can be really-really good, and without all the frying and oil.
These oven baked chicken tenders with mayo have lots of flavor and lots of crispiness! If you have a chicken nugget loving family member – they will go crazy for them! My seven year old son eats these mayo chicken nuggets like candy.
And I feel so much better feeding him these healthier oven baked nuggets vs. fast food chicken nuggets.
When I made them, I wasn’t sure if they should be called oven baked chicken nuggets or baked chicken tenders. My son loves calling them baked chicken nuggets, however the adults in my family prefer to call these baked chicken tenders.
Preparing mayo baked chicken tenders
Prep work is really easy – dredge the chicken strips into mayonnaise, then dredge them in the seasoned bread crumbs mixture (Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Salt and Pepper).
Mayo is the glue that will hold the crumbs together. And I think it’s the mayo that makes them so addictive! I use regular mayo in the mixture, but like to eat them dipped into Sriracha mayo.
To start making them, place coated chicken nuggets in a single layer on the baking sheet and they are ready for the oven.
The resulting oven baked chicken tenders dish is just fabulous – these can be served fresh, or kept refrigerated for up to 5 days.
How to reheat chicken nuggets
You can certainly reheat chicken tenders on the stove top. Add a little oil or butter and cook them on medium heat for five to seven minutes.
But my recommendation is to bake the tenders on the parchment paper lined baking sheet. 10 minutes in the oven will deliver great taste and crispiness once again!
What to use as a dipping option for chicken nuggets
- Sriracha mayo as a dipping option is a great option for adults that enjoy baked chicken tenders.
- Mix equal parts of ketchup and mayo and use it a dip! This is my personal favorite
- Honey mustard dressing tastes great with chicken nuggets!
- And of course they are perfectly delicious dipped in traditional ketchup as well. I also like to sprinkle mine with fresh herbs, like thyme.
So if you are like me and were looking for a healthier alternative to fried chicken nuggets for your child, these oven baked chicken tenders are the answer. I find that this baked version of chicken nuggets tastes a lot better.
So next time you find yourself craving some chicken tenders in the convenience of your own home, you know what to do.
Baked chicken tenders (or you may call them baked chicken nuggets) can be really-really good, and without all the frying and oil.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¾ cup Mayonnaise
- 1 ½ cups Panko Bread Crumbs
- ½ tbsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tbsp Onion Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Thyme (optional)
- Sriracha Mayo (for dipping, optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cut chicken into 1” strips going with the grain of the meat. Season with salt and pepper.
Prepare two bowls. In a first bowl, mix Bread Crumbs, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Salt and Pepper. Place mayonnaise in a 2nd mixing bowl.
- Dredge the cut chicken into mayonnaise, then dredge in seasoned Panko mixture.
- Place coated chicken in a single layer on the baking sheet, leaving room between each tender.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, turn each piece, bake for 15 more minutes.
- Tenders will be lightly browned and delicious. Sprinkle with thyme (optional) and serve with Sriracha mayo or sauce of your choice!