Looking for a healthier alternative to fried chicken nuggets? Such as a baked version that tastes a lot better? Or maybe just craving some chicken tenders in the convenience of your own home? Well, it only took 10 minutes of prep work and 30 minutes of oven time. And there you have an easy and healthy version of a typically unhealthy meal. After all, chicken tenders can be really good without all the frying and oil.
These chicken tenders have lots of flavor and lots of crispiness! If you have a chicken nugget loving family member – they will go crazy for them! My seven year old son eats them like candy. I feel so much better feeding him these vs. fast food nuggets.
Prep work is really easy – dredge the chicken strips into mayonnaise, then dredge them again in seasoned bread crumbs mixture (Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Salt and Pepper). Mayo is the glue that will hold the crumbs together. Place coated chicken in a single layer on the baking sheet and they are ready for the oven.
The resulting dish is just fabulous – it can be served fresh, or kept refrigerated for up to 5 days. Sriracha mayo as a dipping option is of course optional. They are perfectly delicious dipped in ketchup as well. I also like to sprinkle mine with fresh herbs, like thyme.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¾ Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 ½ cups Panko Bread Crumbs
- ½ Tbs Garlic Powder
- ½ Tbs Onion Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Thyme (optional)
- Sriracha Mayo for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cut chicken into 1” strips going with the grain of the meat. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a mixing bowl, mix Bread Crumbs, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Salt and Pepper. Place mayonnaise in a 2nd mixing bowl.
- Dredge the cut chicken into mayonnaise, then dredge in seasoned Panko mixture.
- Place coated chicken in a single layer on the baking sheet, leaving room between each tender.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, turn each piece, bake for 15 more minutes.
- Tenders will be lightly browned and delicious. Sprinkle with thyme (optional) and serve with Sriracha mayo or sauce of your choice!
You might also like