Creamy Chicken Bean Soup – this amazing soup recipe is just like grandma used to make. Easy and delicious – with ground beef, beans, and some cream cheese!
This creamy chicken soup is perfect for a weeknight meal because it can be made in minutes. The only two things to chop are onion and bell pepper! You can also make it ahead and store until ready to eat.
How to make good Creamy Chicken Soup
- Heat olive oil in a dutch oven.
- Add chopped onion and bell pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
- Cook ground chicken for 5-6 minutes.
- Add beans, corn, tomato sauce, seasoning and chicken stock
- Simmer until everything is warmed up
- Add softened cream cheese and allow it to melt into the chicken soup.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Even though I usually season before adding cream cheese.
What kind of pan to use to make the chicken bean soup
- Dutch oven is perfect to cook chicken soup in because it distributes heat evenly and lasts a lifetime. I use this dutch oven all the time since it is extremely versatile and durable.
- Alternatively, you can use a soup pot, made from stainless steel. The material is amazing, conducts heat very well, it’s also as durable as dutch oven and looks amazing!
What can I use for toppings for my soup
To give this creamy chicken soup additional kick, you may also want to have these things as toppings.
- Shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese make the soup hearty and rich!
- I also recommend sour cream for that extra creaminess and smoothness.
- Chopped parsley or sliced green onions are nice fresh additions and their freshness creates a taste contrast to the cooked ingredients.
- Diced avocado creates amazing texture and adds healthy fats to this soup!
What goes with Chicken Soup
What can I substitute for ground chicken
I’ve been experimenting with this mouthwatering chicken soup recipe for the past few months, making it many times. I found it to be very easy, versatile and so delicious!
And here are my suggestions! You can make it with ground chicken, rotisserie chicken, chicken thighs and chicken breasts. You can also cook the entire soup in the slow cooker or instant pot! I made this soup with chicken breasts in the slow cooker and it was spectacular!
Creamy Cajun Chicken Soup
- 1 Dutch Oven
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 lb. ground chicken, (or chicken sausage)
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can chili beans, (or kidney beans, or red beans)
- 10 oz yellow corn, (1 can)
- 8 oz tomato sauce, (1 small can)
- 1 tablespoon Cajun Seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 oz cream cheese
- Toppings (sour cream, avocado and shredded Cheddar cheese)
- Add olive oil to the pan, turn heat to medium high and add chopped onions and bell peppers. Cook for 5 minutes, just enough to slightly soften and brown the onions.
- Add ground chicken and break it apart with the wooden soup. cook on medium high heat together with onions and peppers.
- Next, add chicken broth, black beans, chili beans, yellow corn, tomato sauce, and Cajun Seasoning.
- Simmer the soup for 5 minutes (the liquid should be boiling slightly).
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Microwave the cream cheese for 20 seconds on the oven proof plate to soften it. Add the cream cheese to the soup and allow it to be fully incorporated).
- Serve with the toppings of your choice or all of them: sliced avocado, sour cream and shredded Cheddar cheese.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only. This information comes from online calculators. Although whatsinthepan.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
Leave a Reply