This gluten free chocolate chip loaf recipe is so good that it makes it easy to bake it often and not feel guilty about this indulgent treat! Buttery gluten free bread using nutritious quinoa flour for breakfast! With chocolate. You will love making the homemade bread!
Are you a breakfast person? I cannot fathom skipping breakfast. Never! Always hungry in the morning. Typically I’m all about the eggs in my breakfast routine, but I also never skip carbs. I bake most of my breads and muffins with either organic wheat flour or quinoa flour. To get all that fiber, protein, and other good stuff. But guess who sometimes likes to indulge herself with chocolate chips in her bread? Guilty as charged. Especially when quinoa flour and green banana flour are the ingredients!
Usually when someone talks breakfast, they don’t think about chocolate chips. But why not? I’m a huge fan of chocolate chip recipes, but this chocolate chip quick bread is one of my favorites. No competition. Especially when it’s a quick bread, that needs no kneading and no yeast. So easy to make! Simply use quinoa flour, baking soda, lots of butter , chocolate chips, and of course eggs! And your perfect gluten free breakfast bread is done!
Tips on making gluten free chocolate chip bread
- Don’t use margarine instead of butter. It simply won’t work. Use the real stuff and enjoy the amazing flavors!
- If you are dairy free, substitute 1/2 cup of butter with 1/3 cup of olive oil. You can check out this Green Banana Bread recipe that was made dairy free.
- Use dark brown sugar in order to get the moisture and color for your gluten free bread
- Use good quality salt, such as Celtic salt or Himalayan salt.
- If you don’t have orange juice, you can also use grapefruit juice or milk.
- I used green banana flour in order to add resistant starch to my gluten free bread. Resistant starch is one of the building blocks of healthy digestion! Green banana flour is easy and delicious way to add this important element to your diet! By the way, Amazon sells cheap green banana flour and so does your grocery store!
- Bake until loaf is dark brown and skewer inserted in center comes out clean.
How to store gluten free chocolate chip loaf
- Store at room temperature. This loaf can be wrapped with plastic wrap and stored at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Refrigerate. You can also refrigerate it for up to 2 weeks wrapped in plastic bag or in the air tight container.
- Freeze. I successfully froze this quinoa bread by slicing it first and placing the individual bread slices inside the large zipper bag. The bread keeps well in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Bread
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Prepare 8 1/5 x 4 1/5 inch loaf pan and line it with parchment paper.
- Wet ingredients: In a large bowl, beat together butter, eggs, dark brown sugar, orange juice, and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Dry ingredients: Add quinoa and green banana flours, baking soda and sea salt together in a bowl. Mix.
- Add dry ingredients to the bowl with the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until loaf is dark brown and skewer inserted in center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes, rotating pan halfway through baking.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to wire rack and cool at least 30 minutes before serving.