Creamy Lemon Garlic Chicken Pasta is an easy to make weeknight dinner! Parmesan crusted chicken on top of amazing lemon garlic pasta! Comforting, easy and delicious, it comes together fast in only 30 minutes!
Made with thin chicken breasts, pasta, Parmesan cheese and white wine, this Lemon Garlic Chicken Pasta recipe is one of our family’s favorite meals. My favorite part about this creamy chicken pasta dish is that it’s super easy to make.
How to prepare chicken
First things first, prepare the Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and egg for your chicken in 3 separate bowls to make the coating process smooth. Once the bowls are ready to go, coat the chicken cutlets in cheese, egg and then Panko bread crumbs. Add oil to the hot pan, then add chicken breasts and pan sear them until golden.
How to make pasta
- To make pasta, boil it according to package instructions, drain, and set aside. I like to cook my pasta in salty water in order to give it better flavor.
- Next, make your sauce, adding heavy cream and wine to the same pan where you seared your chicken.
- Lastly, all you have to do now is to add pasta to the sauce, and then serve the chicken over your cooked pasta.
Should I slice my chicken?
I prefer to cut my chicken into bite-sized pieces before serving. Basically, I cook the chicken breasts whole, keep them removed from the pan after cooking, slice them up, and then mix all of the chicken together with pasta sauce.
Can I make this recipe in advance?
If you don’t have time to make this dish fresh, you can make it in advance to serve later. I recommend that you prepare everything ahead, but keep in mind that the pasta will absorb a lot of the sauce, so your dish will be less creamy. In that case, add extra chicken broth when reheating the pasta.
You can also prepare everything except for the pasta, and then to cook the pasta fresh when you are ready to serve and add it to your other ingredients after reheating them.
Delicious chicken pasta recipes
More chicken dishes to try!
Creamy Lemon Garlic Chicken Pasta
- 1 lb chicken breasts (4 or 5 thin chicken cutlets)
- salt and pepper, (to taste)
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese, (more for serving)
- 1 egg
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs, homemade or store-bought
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 oz. fettuccine
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- juice from 1 lemon, (or less to taste)
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, (or more)
- fresh Parsley, (chopped, for garnish)
- Prepare 3 bowls for each of the following: Parmesan cheese, egg and bread crumbs. Dip each chicken breast in the Parmesan, then in the egg, and then coat in the bread crumb mixture.
- Preheat large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil. Once oil is bubbling, place coated chickens onto the skillet.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side until the outside is crispy and the chicken is cooked through. Remove onto a plate. Slice them into bite size pieces or keep them whole.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Add butter to the skillet. Once it melts, add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes. Now add lemon, wine and heavy cream.
- Add cooked pasta into the sauce. Season generously with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning, to your liking. Stir well into the sauce and reheat. Add sliced chicken breasts into the pan to reheat.
- Serve hot, with chopped parsley and additional Parmesan.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only. This information comes from online calculators. Although whatsinthepan.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.